Chapter 2

October 31, 1990

"You look so beautiful," I told Lorelai as I put the princess dress on her. 

"Look!" She spun around and I chuckled. 

There was a knock on the door, so I opened it up and saw Dave, Krist, and Kurt standing there. 

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked. 

"Halloween, duh!" Dave let himself in and I just chuckled. "Lorelai, you look absolutely spectacular!"

I smiled and shut the door as Krist and Kurt walked inside. Krist went into the bathroom, so it was Kurt and I standing next to each other in awkward silence. 

"Nice costume you got," I said, breaking the silence even though he wasn't wearing a costume. 

"Thanks. I got it from Goodwill."

"Hm, explains a lot."

"What?!"

I chuckled. "I'm just messing with you."

"Mommy, let's go!" Lorelai tugged on my shirt. 

"We're waiting until everyone's ready; be patient."

She groaned and sat down on the floor. 

"How old is she?" Kurt asked. 

"I'm four!" She jumped up. "I'm big four!"

"Big four?" 

"Mhm!"

"How much is big four?"

She spread her arms out wide. "Like, this big four."

"Oh, that's a really big four."

"We're driving to a neighborhood," I told Dave. "So, we're going to have to use a different car-mine isn't big enough."

"Well, we drove in our van, so you could always ride with us in there," Kurt answered before Dave got the chance to. 

Krist walked out of the bathroom, so we walked outside and I grabbed Lorelai's hand. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'll take her!" Dave grabbed Lorelai's hand and they walked into one of the house's front yards. 

"She's adorable," Krist said. 

"She's really something," I sighed. "It's weird to think that she's been around for four years, but it feels like it's only been two. If you guys ever have kids, cherish the moments you have with them."

"I GOT CANDY!" Lorelai ran up to me. 

"She's fierce," Dave added. 

"Sweetie, it's getting late-"

"Aww, but I want to stay longer!" She whined. 

"Mommy's feet hurt."

"I'll take her around for a little," Krist said. 

"Yeah, Krist and I can take her," Dave said. 

"I don't trust you guys," I told them. 

"We won't lose her," Dave assured me. 

I sighed. "Hold her hand the whole time."

"Thank you, Mommy," She hugged me. 

"Have fun," I told her, then started walking towards the van. 

I looked beside me and saw Kurt walking with me. He looked at my confused facial expressions and answered before I could ask. 

"Well, you see, beautiful woman is walking around by herself at night with no one around," He explained. "Big, disgusting man seizes opportunity and rapes you. We don't want that happening."