Chapter 104

Christmas Day, 1993

I put the cinnamon rolls on a plate and heard the girls coming downstairs. 

"Merry Christmas, Mommy!" Lorelai ran to me and I hugged her. 

"Merry Christmas, baby," I kissed her forehead. "Go eat your food." I walked over to Kurt who was holding Melissa. "Good morning, Melissa."

"Good morning, Mommy," Kurt made a high pitched voice and pulled her lower lip down as he spoke the words. 

"Her first words are going to be momma. Isn't that right? Say momma. Mom. Mom."

"She says dada in her sleep."

"That's weird, Kurt. Put her in her highchair and I'll feed her her food."

"By the way," He whispered in my ear after putting her in her seat. "I had a very good night last night."

"I wish I could say the same," I jokingly said. "Just kidding!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"My mom always does this type of stuff," I explained to Kurt as we pulled up to my parent's house. We were going there for a Christmas party. Not really a party, but just a get-together. "She told me that a lot of my family is going to be here-aunts, uncles, cousins, etc."

"Let's go inside, then," Kurt said. 

We walked inside and immediately there was a lot of noise. 

A lot of people. 

"Hi!" My mom still somehow managed to hear the door open. She ran over to us and hugged Lorelai, then took Melissa out of Kurt's grasp and showed her off to everyone. 

"Well then," Kurt cleared his throat. 

I held his hand and some kids ran up to us. 

"Want to play with us?" A little girl asked Lorelai. 

"Mommy, can I play with them?" Lorelai asked me. 

"Of course," I smiled as she ran away with the girl. 

"Are you going to introduce me to anyone?" Kurt asked. 

"Kurt, I don't even know who half the people in this room are."

"Merry Christmas," My mom walked back over to us. 

"Merry Christmas, Mom," I hugged her. "Can I have my baby back, now? Thank you."

I took Melissa from her. 

"That's such a cute dress," My mother said. 

"Kurt picked it out," I told her. "Are you going to tell me who these people are?"

"Oh right."

Kurt and I followed her to the couch as she introduced her two sisters and mentioned their kids' names. 

I didn't even know that my mom had sisters. She never mentioned it. Not once when I was younger. Maybe they had some sort of feud going on or maybe she was too ashamed of me to mention me to them. 

Their names were Sylvia and Serenity. Sylvia was 10 years older than my mom, and Serenity was 3 years older. 

Sylvia was married to her husband Victor who had a son who was a couple years older than me named Travis. He was married to someone named Gretchen and they had two kids: Marley (he was 4) and Nicole (she was 6). 

Serenity was married to Fred and they had two kids: Patrick and Andy. Patrick was dating someone at the time (Rachel), but he didn't have any kids. 

Andy, on the other hand, was engaged to Harry. They had been engaged for two years, now. They had one girl named Caroline (she was 10).