Chapter 47

April 14, 1992

"Guys, sit down," I told Kurt, Dave, and Krist. 

They were fucking kids, I swear. They weren't listening. 

"We have a hair appointment after this, come on!" I yelled at Kurt. "Do you want to be late?!"

"I'm not late-everyone else is just simply too early," He said with a British accent. 

"Fuck you guys," I put my camera back in its pocket and went to walk away, but they all started clamoring. I turned back around. "Kurt, stand on the left. Krist, you go in the middle and Dave, you kneel down on the right. Wait, wait, no, my left. Okay. Kurt, go stand on the left. Krist, you're in the middle and Dave, you go on the left."

"So...?" Kurt was confused. 

I sighed and moved everyone very aggressively where they were supposed to be. I was super pissed off. We had been outside for an hour trying to take pictures for Rolling Stone because they didn't want Rolling Stone to take their pictures, so I offered to do it. It would be fun, I thought. Boy was I wrong. They had been messing around the whole time. My face was sunburnt and the sun was burning into my back. I was sweating profusely. But, Kurt over here was wearing his "Corporate Magazines Still Suck" shirt with a green sweater and fucking jeans. Krist was wearing a shirt with jeans and so was Dave. 

"Fuck this shit," I took off my camera and set it on the ground and took off my shirt, leaving me in my bra. Jokes on them, I wasn't wearing my sports bra-I was wearing my push-up bra. 

Dave and Krist stared at my stomach. It looked really abnormal-my stomach sticking out as far as it was.

Kurt's eyes widened. "Ruby! Put your shirt back on!"

"No, it's not like there's anything there anyways," I tied my shirt around my waist. "Maybe you should've hurried up and I wouldn't have had to do this. If you don't hurry the fuck up, my pants are coming off next."

"Never in my life have I seen you with boobs!" Dave started hysterically laughing. "Did you get a boob job or something?!"

"Shut up, Dave," I spat at him. "It's the baby. The same thing happened when I was pregnant with Lorelai."

"What do you mean?" Krist looked over at Dave as if I didn't say anything. 

"Whenever we would go swimming in high school, Ruby would wear her bikini, but she didn't have anything there."

"No, but I do have an ass. Remember that old creep that came up to me and said, 'Hey, your ass is sticking out'? Jesus."

"The fuck?!" Kurt exclaimed. 

"My fucking bikini was riding up my ass crack and giving me a wedgie, but I didn't want to stick my fingers up in there and have people judge me, so I left it alone."

"Ha! Robert smacked your ass so hard and it left a hand print and everyone could see it!"

I started laughing hysterically. Dave and I had so many good memories-it felt good to relive them all. 

"Alright boys, come on," I told them. 

Kurt put his glasses back on and I rolled my eyes. He always had his sunglasses on. 

I took random pictures-even when they weren't good-and showed them all. Kurt didn't like any of them, but that wasn't a surprise-he didn't like any picture that he was in. Dave and Krist both liked a couple, but we decided we would just send them all to Rolling Stone. 

As we walked back to the car, Kurt draped an arm over my shoulders. "Will you put your shirt back on now?"

"When we pull up to the hair place, then yes," I kissed him.