"Are you still working at the massage place?" Dave asked as he parked the car and we started walking inside. 

"Yeah."

"You should give me a massage sometime."

"Maybe I should."

"I hear that you're going to enroll Lorelai into public school next school year."

"Yeah, I think that she needs it. She needs to be around kids her age and interacting with other people. She's a very extroverted kid and she's super smart. She shouldn't be cooped up in the house all the time; that's not healthy for anyone (especially not a kid)."

"You're a good mother, Ruby. I need you to know that. I know that your mom might say things sometimes that contradict that, but I promise you that everyone in your life is proud of you. I mean, look at where you are."

I smiled. "I know. I'm kind of a hero."

He chuckled. "Let's get your stuff."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

We arrived back at my house and I unlocked the door and Dave followed behind me. 

"Kurt!" I shouted. "Dave's here!"

He didn't respond, so I just assumed that he was sleeping. Dave helped me put the groceries away and I walked upstairs to go get Kurt. 

I checked our bedroom, but he wasn't in there. 

"Kurt, where are you?!" I shouted. 

No response. 

I checked his music room, but he wasn't there. I checked the bathrooms and all the bedrooms but he wasn't anywhere. 

I started to panic, but calmed myself down. I didn't need to overreact. Maybe he was downstairs somewhere. 

I checked every room downstairs, but he was nowhere to be found. 

"What are you looking for?" Dave asked me. 

"Um, my husband," I said, starting to get worried. "I can't find him, Dave."

"Go ahead and call Krist. Maybe he's with him."

I called Krist and he answered right away. 

"Hello?" He answered. 

"Hey, it's Ruby. Um, is Kurt with you?"

"No, why?"

"Oh God," I started to cry. "He's not here."

"Ruby, hey, it's alright," Dave walked over to me and hugged me. "He might just be out and about."

"No he's not, I saw his car in the fucking garage, Dave," I accidentally snapped at him, making me cry harder. "I'm sorry, Dave, I didn't mean to talk to you like that."

"It's alright, Ruby," He said. 

"Would you like me to come over?" Krist asked. "Actually, I don't care. I'm coming over."

I hung up the phone and set it on the counter. 

"KURT!" I screamed, making Dave flinch. "KURT, WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?! THIS ISN'T FUNNY!"

"Here, let's go look in the garage."

Dave and I went into the garage, but he wasn't there. 

I opened up the garage door and walked outside and into the driveway, facing the front of the house. 

Where the fuck was he?

I was starting to really panic. I mean, he could've just gone somewhere, but that didn't make sense because his car was literally inside of the garage. Maybe someone drove him somewhere? His friend? But why wouldn't he tell me or leave a note, then? Kurt wouldn't just spontaneously do something like that and not let me know. He was considerate.