Day 13

In a Fairytale
folie era

Patrick stares at the stars longily. They seem like he could touch them with his bare hands but he knows they are light years away.

Nothing else is light years away.

Last time his feet touched the grass was when he was five. Since then, he's lived up in the castle. He never knew why his mother kept him so far away from everyone else.

Patrick watched people walk by everyday but none knew he was up there. As a teen he missed out on a social life. Or any life at all. He spent his days wanting and drawing.

Only a few months ago did he understand everything perfectly. Why he never was let go from his room.

When he was five he had a lot of friends who were boys. That's obvious, they liked the same things he liked. One day a girl came along. Her name was Hayley.

"Hello there!" Hayley smiles widely.

"Hi." Joe says awkwardly.

"Would you guys like to play princesses with me?"  Hayley grins.

"Isn't that a girls game?" Gerard asks.

"I'll play!" Patrick giggles.

"Yay!"

Hayley and Patrick both sit on the grass together. Hayley grabs two dolls from her backpack."Do you want the red one or the pink one?"

"Pink!"

Hayley slides it over to him. She picks up the one with red hair and puts her in the castle."Pink you have to save me! I'm trapped!"

Patrick giggles happily."Okay!"

Suddenly Patrick's mother storms out."What are you doing Pat? You are not supposed to be playing with dolls!"

"But I like dolls-"

"Enough of this bullshit! Get home now before I hit you!"

Patrick scrambles and runs to the castle.

"You. Are you trying to make my boy a faggot? I see you ever again and I will beat you senseless."

Hayley begins to cry. She grabs her stuff and runs away.

"Mrs. Stumph." Gerard says."Will we ever see Patty again?"

"Not if I can help it."

Patrick snaps out of the flashback. He wonders how they are doing. He misses them. It's the only fond memory he has. He wants it back.

His birthday is soon. He will be eighteen. He wonders if mother will let him out of the castle.

////

Patrick can't take it anymore. On his birthday there is supposed to be a sunset. He want to se the sunset. Patrick stares at the ground. No way he would survive if he tried to drop down.

Or would he?

Patrick manages to open the window all the way. He takes a breath before stretching out his arms and falling.

Time stops as he falls right back into Pete's arms.

He shakes awakes viciously.

"Oh baby, did you have another nightmare again?"

Patrick looks back to see his wonderful husband lying next to him.

"Yeah.." He whispers.

"She's not here anymore." Pete says lying Patrick down.

"She can't hurt you. I'm here to protect you."