Day 20

Nursing
Red Fringe Pete is back along with long haired Patrick
Low key sassy Pete at times ngl

"Fuck!" Pete yells when Patrick touches the bruise.

"Seems like you banged it up pretty badly. What happened again?" Patrick looks up to Pete who has tears threatening to spill.

"I fell. Patrick, it hurts."

Patrick smiles softly. "I know. I'm sorry Pete. You sure you just fell?"

"Yes I just fell Patrick! What the hell do you think I did!"

Patrick inhales and Pete feels instant regret and guilt. "M sorry lunchbox. It just- it hurts!" Pete looks down to his black and blue knee. He clutches the bed he is on, hard.

"I know Pete. It's okay. You might have to go to the emergency room-"

Patrick is cut off by Pete wailing. "No! No! Please no! I-i can't! It's gonna be fine!" Pete sits up to stand and Patrick pushes him down.

"Pete. I know it hurts, but it's for your own good. I will try everything in my power so you don't have to go but you might."

Pete whimpers in response. "Thank you so much Patrick. I'm sorry again. I just- I'm sorry."

"Stop apologizing." Patrick says sternly.

"Now you know how I feel!" Pete shoots back.

Patrick rolls his eyes and pecks Pete on the lips. "Can you cuddle me?" Pete asks timidly.

"I will I promise. We need to figure out what happened with your leg, then we can cuddle."

Pete nods and looks back down. It hurts. God it hurts. It feels as if someone is taking a hammer to his leg. He doesn't dare even to move it. It hurts way too much.

"Patrick. What if it's broken?" Pete's voice is shaky and Patrick can tell that he's nervous.

"It'll be fine baby."

"Do you still have the crutches from when I broke my ankle?" Pete asks sitting up to look at his lover.

The strawberry blonde nods in response and goes to fetch it from the closet. He brings them out and leans them against the bed.

Pete stares at them for a long while until he feels the bed dip and his eyes immediately look up to Patrick.

The younger boy leans in, kissing Pete, and cupping his jaw with his hand. "I promise it's going to be okay Panda. Do you want to cuddle?"

Pete nods and Patrick lies next to him. He wraps an arm around Pete's torso loosely and places his head on his shoulder.

"I love you." Pete whispers.

"I love you too." Patrick whispers back.