Date Night

SRAR era

"Babe, are you ready?" Pete called.

There was a small 'uh-huh' and then Patrick emerged from the bathroom. Pete doesn't think he's ever seen someone as beautiful.

Patrick is wearing a black dress with grey sequence. Patrick was always embarrassed about cross dressing and wearing dresses in public. Pete thinks he's so pretty in them.

Pete holds his hands out and Patrick walks towards him. Pete kisses him and places his hand around his waist.

"Ready to go?" He asks.

Patrick nods and Pete takes his hand to lead him out the door.

////

Patrick could feel the eyes on him. He sinks back into his seat and Pete frowns. "Hey what are you gonna get to eat?" He asks.

Patrick hesitates for a moment as he looks at the menu. "Soup." He says.

"Soup? What kind?"

Patrick bites his lip before pointing at the menu. Pete looks over and nods. "Clam chowder?" He clarifies.

Patrick nods.

The waiter comes over and asks what they want. "Um, can I get the steak meal for me and clam chowder for him." Pete says.

The waiter looks over to Patrick and narrows his eyes. Patrick knows he's judging him. He smiles timidly before looking at Pete. Pete looks back at him and then to the waiter.

The mood is tense. "Will that be all?" The waiter asks still eyeing Patrick. "Yes thank you." Pete says handing the menus to him.

He takes them then walks away. Patrick is staring mindlessly out of the window.  Pete takes his hand in his own.

"You doing okay, Pumpkin?" Pete asks.

Patrick looks to him and smiles. He nods. He averts his eyes right away. Pete knows he thinks everybody is looking at him. He wants to punch the stupid waiter in his face.

Speaking of the waiter, he is back. The plates of food in his hands. He sets them down for the couple. Pete feels like he's seen him before.

He straightens out his posture. He stares at Pete longingly for a moment before clearing his throat. "Anything else?" He asks.

Pete looks up squinting then he bites his lip. "Patrick, do you want anything else, Babe?" Pete asks.

Patrick looks up from his soup. He shakes his head. The waiter nods then walks away.

Pete enjoys his steak and Patrick barely eats his soup. "You okay, Muffin?" Pete asks nudging Patrick with his foot.

Before Patrick can shake his head Pete interrupts. "Be honest." He states.

Patrick shrinks back. "Are people looking at me?" He whispers.

"No, Baby, no one is looking at you, and if they are it's because you looking stunning." Pete answers.

Patrick smiles and blushes.

"There's that smile." Pete giggles. They finish their dinner and they sit and wait for the check.

"Do you think the waiter looks oddly familiar or is it just me?" Pete questions.

Patrick looks over to him. "Yeah, he does."

The waiter comes back with the check and Patrick reads his name tag. He looks over to Pete and Pete looks at the name tag too.

Mikey

Pete giggles before looking up to Mikey.

"Mikey?" He smiles.

Mikey looks down. "Pete?"

Pete nods and Mikey laughs. "I though it was you that's why I was looking at you funny." He giggles.

Then he turns to Patrick. "It's good to see you Patrick! You looked great in that dress by the way." He comments.

Patrick blushes and smiles. "Thanks." He whispers.

Pete pays and they say goodbye to Mikey.

"That wasn't so bad." Pete smiles. Patrick nods.

"Now come on, that dress looks good but it would look better on the floor." Pete smirks.