Stay Up Til The Lights Go Out

IOH era
Talk about mental health issues

Pete sighed running his hands in his greasy hair. I'll wash it tomorrow he thought. Everyone else was asleep except for Pete.

It really wasn't unusual. Pete never sleeps but this time his thoughts kept him up. The thoughts of all the things he had done wrong. How he should end his life right then and there.

The thoughts ate at him. Everytime he closed his eyes all his mistakes flashed before him. Tears trickled down his face. He couldn't take it.

He inhaled sharply when he felt the bunk dip. He didn't even bother trying to see who it was. Maybe that person could end it for him.

"Pete?" The voice called. Patrick. Pete inhaled again. "Yeah?" His voice cracking and more tears spilled out of his eyes. Patrick moved again so that he was staring at Pete.

"Are you okay?"

"I-" Pete couldn't keep it in. Tears fled from his eyes and he started to sob. "No." He said in-between pants.

Patrick huddled close to Pete. "It's going to be alright I promise. I'm so sorry and I have no idea what you are going through but I promise you will get through this and I will help you. I will do anything to help you. Okay?"

Pete couldn't say anything. He didn't deserve Patrick. He didn't deserve anything that Patrick did for him. "I love you Patrick." Pete mumbled.

"I love you too Pete. You promise to not hurt yourself ever okay? Don't even think about it. Just talk to me. Whenever you need. I don't care if it's one in the morning or one in the afternoon. If you need help just please please come talk to me. I really don't mind."

"Thank you so much Patty."

"Don't thank me. I love you."

"I love you too."

Patrick snuggled closer to Pete. The older boy wrapped his hand around Patrick's side and brought him impossibly closer. No matter if it's sexual, platonic, or romantic, Pete Wentz and Patrick Stump are soulmates.

Thank you to everyone who has read this. I cannot believe we have over one thousand reads! Thank you so much again! Lot of love <3