Day 7

Nightmares
IOH era

Pete watched the blade drop to the floor. "Patrick! No! No! I-im sorry! I-i didn't mean to!" Patrick fell to the floor clutching his stomach. "Pete- please help me." He whispered. Pete ran to him holding his best friend. "I'm sorry! I'm so so sorry! Oh god! Please don't go! Please!" Pete looked up at him. "Pete wake up! He yelled. Pete started to cry. "No! Don't leave me Patrick! I love you!" "Pete wake up! Wake up! Pete!"

Pete's eyes flew open and he sat up quickly. He was drenched in sweat but cold. He turned to see Patrick sitting infront of him holding Pete's arms. Another nightmare. Pete started to cry.

"It's okay Pete. I've got you. Nothing can hurt you."

"It felt so real Patty. I- we got into a fight and- and I picked up the knife and I stabbed- I stabbed you! I- Oh my God."

Pete sobbed into Patrick's shoulder. "It's alright I promise. That's never going to happen."

"I'm so so sorry."

"Sh.''

They stayed like that for a few minutes until Pete calmed down. "You feeling better?" Patrick asked.

"Yeah but no way I can go back to bed."

"I understand."

"Can we cuddle?"

Patrick nodded and snuggled into Pete.

"Can I be the little spoon?" Pete whispered.

"Ofcourse." Patrick smiled.

Pete lied down on his side and felt Patrick's arms wrap around him. He smiled and placed his hand on Patrick's. "Thank you so much Patrick." He whispered.

Patrick hummed in response and soon he fell asleep. Pete stayed awake but it was quite peaceful with Patrick next to him holding him. He wouldn't change it for the world. He just hoped his nightmares would go away.