Day 25

Reconnect
SRAR era

Patrick lies down on his bed. He had been bored out of his mind the past month. He hasn't played any shows and life is starting to get hard again.

He sighs, perking up when a small 'ding' rings through his ears. He snatches his phone that is next to him and sees a notification from Joe.

'It has been to fucking long let's get this shit moving' it reads. Patrick blinks and sends a simple question mark back.

A few more dings after a few moments and Joe has added to him to a group chat. 'yo. Meet at the diner that we used to go to tomorrow at 7. Don't be late Patrick.' Oh?

Patrick blinks again and sees that Pete and Andy responded. 'joe don't call Patty out' Pete's message says.

Patrick responds with an 'ok' before turning off his phone. Perfect timing he thinks.

////

7 o'clock. Patrick is surprised he managed to drag himself out of bed. He had ordered a coffee already as he waited for the others to show up. Pete walks through the door and Patrick already knows it's him.

He pulls out the chair next to Patrick and Patrick just smiles.

"Hey! Long time no see eh?" Pete smiles patting Patrick on the back and taking a sip of his coffee.

"Hey!" Patrick giggles stealing it back. "Get your own." He grumbles.

Pete laughs and watches Joe and Andy  in at once. "Looks like you two are back together like always?" Joe smirks sitting down with Andy.

Pete rolls his eyes playfully. "Alright like I said we have to get back together." Joe states.

"Yeah but why so suddenly?" Andy questions.

"Cause I fucking have been looking at paint dry on my wall for the past six months." Joe says.

As Joe and Andy bicker Pete sneakily places his hand in Patrick's. "Good to see they are the same." He whispers. Patrick nods taking a sip of his coffee.

"Nice hair." Pete says. Patrick rolls his eyes. "Nice job on Soul Punk by the way. That album was totally rad. You could dump us on the side of the street and peruse a solo career and do just fine." Pete says playing with the ring on his finger.

"I'd rather play with you guys." Patrick smiles. Pete smiles back and stands up eruptly. "LET'S GET FALL OUT BOY BACK TOGETHER BITCHES!"

I would just like to say that I cannot believe that this is my 100th oneshot! I want to say thank you to everyone who has read this book and who will read this book. It really really means a whole lot to me and if I told my past self about this they would definitely not believe me. Thank you so much again! Lots of love! <3