Thinking Was So Two Years Ago

IOH era

Pete stares at Patrick. He has been building this up for the past six years. He just needs to do it. He takes a breath, sucking in all the courage to talk to him.

He stands timidly, the courage leaving his body in large amounts, but he has to do it. He walks over to Patrick.

"Rickster." He smiles shaking placing his hand on Patrick's shoulder. Patrick looks up, Pete's courage has left.

"Yeah?" Patrick asks as Pete sits down next to him.

You just gotta do it asshole. Don't think about it. Just fuckin do it.

"These past six years knowing you have the best six years ever. You make me so happy I don't think anyone else can relate to how much you have helped me. And I just I really like you. Like, like like you. I love you. You are my best friend in the whole world but I just can't have that. You can't just be my friend. I need more from you. I need you to be my boyfriend."

Pete shuts his eyes harder. He doesn't want to know  to know what's Patrick's face looks like. He can imagine it's anger. He feels a hand rest on his thigh.

"Pete, open your eyes." Patrick whispers gently.

Pete does, and to his surprise Patrick has a solemn look on his face. In-fact he is smiling.

"Pete, I have been waiting for you to say something like that for so long. I would love to be your boyfriend."

Pete is shook. He blinks a few times before managing to mutter a weird screech.

"Really?" He asks.

Patrick smiles with a nod.

"I could have had sex with you five fucking years ago?"