chapter 21 omens

yang jiali walked alone into the heshan cemetery.

the sky was still dark, the hazy fog had not yet dissipated, and the whole cemetery was silent and solemn.

yang jiali's thin figure shuttled through the morning fog, and he walked to a tombstone with familiarity.

a simple granite tombstone with a photo on it is a short-haired woman with a warm smile.

yang jiali looked at the photo for a long time, said nothing, took out a towel prepared in advance from his pocket, and quietly wiped the tombstone.

wiping the dust off the tombstone, yang jiali sat down next to the tombstone.

he tilted his head back, squinted at the faint light in the sky, and shouted in a very soft voice: "mom." 

yang jiali's head was gently pressed against the tombstone, and his voice was so weak that it seemed like he was whispering intimately to someone: "i haven't had a good time lately, and i may have to take medicine again." but don't worry, your son's bones are hard, it's just a little thing, you can carry it before, this time there is nothing, slow down, really. "

he paused for a moment and then said, "i've been dreaming lately that as soon as i push open the door, you're standing in the kitchen where you can see the setting sun. you're wearing that floral plaid apron, your face sweaty, and your hair sticking to your forehead. you were busy cooking dumplings, frowning, blaming me for coming back so late, beckoning me to come for dinner. the whole house is the heat of dumplings, which is particularly warm. "

"but every time, i didn't have time to taste the dumplings you made again, and i woke up from my dream."

"when i woke up, i remembered where i still have a home, i haven't done it yet."

yang jiali looked up at the gradually brightening sky, and his eyes quietly turned red: "mom, i can't remember what the dumplings you made taste like." "

"i also... i've almost forgotten what it feels like to have someone hurting. "

yang jiali sucked in his nose and said, "one more thing, i said you can't blame me." it was the man you didn't let me be with a few years ago, and now he's back. but not because he still has feelings for me, he hates me now, tries his best to humiliate me, and now forces me to be his bedmate. "

"he's in power now, so what can i do?" mom, don't scold me, i'm also a sacrifice for righteousness. anyway, this is also a bad life, no one will be distressed, dead count him, i am not afraid. "

yang jiali leaned on the tombstone and talked to himself until noon.

coming out of the cemetery, his face became even more gray.

the taxi driver who came to pick him up looked at him in the rearview mirror and was frightened: "the face is so white that it comes out of the cemetery, and the day is scared to death," he cleared his throat, and asked, "boy, where are you going?" "

yang jiali looked out the window sluggishly and said, "go... affiliated hospitals. "

the driver drove him to the affiliated hospital.

yang jiali entered the hospital empty-handed, and when he came out, he carried a medicine bag in his hand.

the bag is mostly filled with pill ointments to condition the spleen and stomach and treat bruises.

yang jiali quietly walked to the corner where no one could see, took out a small medicine bottle from under the bag, unscrewed the lid of the medicine bottle and looked at the white pill that emitted a fishy bitter smell inside, and then secretly tore off the label on the medicine bottle and stuffed the medicine bottle into the inner pocket of his clothes alone.