Part One Hundred and Sixty Eight

"Come on, come with Daddy." Was the noise that I was woken up by on a Saturday morning.

It's been just over four months now since the twins were born and today's actually mine and Astons first wedding anniversary. Which is completely bizarre considering that this time last year I didn't even know I was pregnant. I'm just glad that our marriage had the best start, start as you mean to go on right?

I turned over to look at the alarm clock and it was 7am, relatively late for the girls seeing as though they're normally up at half five. Every. Morning. I heard a bit more shuffling about through the baby monitor before Aston tried to quietly make his way into our bedroom, thinking that I was asleep, with Sophia and Ava in his arms.

"How do you even manage that?" I giggled as I sat up and stretched my arms out to take one of them off him.

"You get used to it," He shrugged, passing Ava over to me before leaning down to press a gentle kiss against my lips. "Happy anniversary."

"Happy anniversary to you too," I smiled as Aston climbed back into bed next to me, sitting Sophia on the space next to him, holding her for support obviously. "I can't believe we lasted a whole year."

"Don't sound too surprised." He laughed before pulling a funny face at Ava as she looked up at him.

"Sorry, it just seems to have gone so fast."

"I know, I think it's insane that a year ago we didn't even know that these two existed and now I can't imagine my life without them," He smiled lovingly as he picked Sophia up to cradle her in his arms. "Soph did that thing again this morning."

"What thing?" I frowned as Ava tried to claw my face.

"That thing where she recognises you. Her face proper lit up, it was so sweet."

"Sophia never does that with me, it's always Ava."

"Sounds like some people have favourites." He chuckled as he lent down to press a kiss against Sophia's head.

"Oh please, they're both completely all for you."

"Really?"

"Yeah, totally Daddy's girls already," I laughed as Ava stretched her arms out and made a whiny noise. "Point proven."

"They're only Daddy's girls when I'm here." Aston said as he reached over to gently stroke Ava's cheek with his forefinger.

"I think they're ready for a feed, who's doing the bottles?" I asked as Ava refused to have her dummy.

"I'll do them, you can keep the girls busy."

Soon enough we got out of bed and took the girls downstairs, leaving them in their bouncers whilst Aston went into the kitchen and made up their bottles. Once the girls were fed we chilled out in the living room for a little while, playing with the twins when they tore their eyes away from the tv.

We got the girls changed into more appropriate clothes to go outside in as Aston told me that we were going out today. Changing the twins into matching purple dresses and tights I left them in their cots whilst me and Aston got changed ourselves.

As soon as we were all ready we got into the car and Aston drove us to a soft play centre not far away from town. The girls absolutely loved the ball pit, Ava especially loved trying to eat them. Aston had a good time taking them down the slides, even though they weren't bothered seeing as they're only four months old, I think he was just using them as an excuse to go on the slides.

The rest of the day was just perfect, it was the perfect anniversary. We just spent the whole day with the girls with no interruptions from anyone, apart from the delivery man who brought a huge bouquet of white roses to the front door off Aston and the girls.

"They're well away." Aston said as he came downstairs with the baby monitor in his hand.

"Seriously?" I asked, looking up from the stove as he came into the kitchen.

"Yeah, Ava fell asleep before she finished her bottle and Soph went as soon as hers was empty. It's probably going to be Ava who wakes up tonight," He told me, placing the monitor on the window ledge before hopping up onto the counter next to me. "So what you cooking?"

"I thought I'd have a go at your chilli, see if I can top it." I smirked as he rested his hand on the small of my back.

"I doubt it babe, mine's the best."

"Yeah we'll see, will you pass me the chilli flakes out of the cupboard please?"

"Sure, that's cheating though, you should've used real chillies." He said as he reached behind him to grab the tub of chilli flakes before passing them to me.

"I have."

"What? Are you trying to kill me off?" He laughed, jumping off the counter.

"Nah not for a while yet." I giggled as he slapped my backside on his way to the fridge.

"Red or white babe?"

"You pick, I'm not fussed." I shrugged, turning the heat down.

"Red it is then," Aston decided before getting two wine glasses out and putting a generous amount of wine in each. "You nearly done."

"Yeah I'm just gonna plate it up."

Once I'd finished putting the food onto the plates I stuck the pans and whatnot into the sink before taking the plates over to the kitchen table and setting them down.

"I've got to give it to you Luce," Aston said, placing his cutlery down once he'd finished eating. "That's just as good as, if not better than mine."

"Ha! I think I'll leave the chilli to you, it takes way too much time." I giggled before taking a sip of my half empty glass of red wine.

"Thanks for this babe," Aston smiled as he stood up with his plate in his hand before pressing a kiss against my head. "I loved it."

"Really?" I smiled as he placed his plate in the sink before coming over to the table to collect mine.

"Yeah, it was so much better than going out. Although I could do without the washing up."

"You don't even do the washing up so don't play that card!" I laughed, swatting his arm as he moved away from the sink.

"No I've loved tonight," He smiled, wrapping his arms around my waist. "Finally some Mummy and Daddy time."

"You know it comes at a price though," I said as he frowned at me. "You wanted the girls in bed early but they'll be up in about three hours, never mind at 4am."

"It's totally worth it." He smiled before edging forward and capturing my lips in a sweet kiss.