Part One Hundred and Sixty Nine

"Babe come quick!" I heard Aston shout from upstairs whilst I was making up some bottles for the girls.

Sophia and Ava were six months old now and I was getting ready to go back to work. I so didn't want to leave the girls but after many many many conversations with Ast, we'd decided that Courtney would have them when she wasn't working, after she'd begged us plenty times if she could, and then his mum would have them if Ast was working.

Once Ast had shouted me I stopped everything that I was doing and more or less ran upstairs to see him stood at the side of the bed with Sophia and Ava lay side by side on the bed.

"What? What is it?" I asked as I stood next to him.

"I just made Soph laugh!" He grinned as my face dropped.

"And I missed it? Well, what did you do to make her laugh?"

"I'd finished changing them and I just did this." He said before taking hold of Sophia's foot and blowing a raspberry on the sole of it, making her laugh again.

"Oh my god! Do it again." I grinned, grabbing his phone off the bedside table to record it.

Aston did it a few more times before she got bored of it and started to kick her legs about. Sophia was a rather active baby, like her father, but Ava was more chilled out and hardly ever cried.

"That's so cute." I smiled as I put his phone back on the table.

"I know, it's like a proper little person laugh too," Aston smiled before lifting her up off the bed as she started to properly kick her legs about. "Seems like someone's getting fussy, is there any bottles made up?"

"Yeah there's two done already, I was in the middle of doing them when you shouted me up." I told him as I picked Ava up.

"Alright, let's go Soph," He said before leaving the room and heading downstairs. "Babe I'm gonna take the girls to my mums in a bit is that okay?"

"Before or after I've gone to work?" I asked, strapping Ava in her bouncer.

"After, actually I'll leave the same time as you." He told me as he cradled Sophia in his arms whilst feeding her her bottle.

Once the girls were fed Aston left them in their bouncers in the kitchen with me whilst I finished making up the bottles so that he could go and get himself changed. Then as soon as he was finished I went and got myself dressed for work. Thankfully I was only due in at half past twelve for a half day, especially on my first day back.

"Have you got everything?" I asked Aston as I came down the stairs to see the girls in their car seats by the front door all wrapped up.

"Yep." He smiled proudly, tapping the bag over his shoulder.

"Nappies?"

"More than enough in the bag."

"Wipes?"

"Yup."

"Bottles?"

"Luce I've got everything, will you chill out?" He laughed as I shrugged my coat on over my shoulders.

"I will, I just don't want to leave them," I poured as I crouched down in front of them. "Are you sure you'll be okay on your own?"

"Yes! We play, we have fun, we bond, it's almost as if we're Dad and Daughters." Aston chuckled as I kissed Sophia and Ava's heads.

"Okay, Mummy's got to go now. You'll be good for your Daddy won't you?..Okay." I giggled before standing upright.

"Have fun at work babe." Aston said before kissing me quickly.

"I'm sure I will, especially seeing Michele." I sighed, placing my bag on my shoulder.

"Just don't make a big deal out of it yeah? It was months ago, plus nothing even happened."

"Fine, but if she starts anything I'll-"

"I don't doubt you will, just promise me you won't start?"

"I promise." I frowned as Aston opened the front door.

"That's my girl," He smiled before placing a delicate kiss on my cheek. "Say bye to Mummy."

"I'm gonna go before I start crying," I giggled, wafting my hand in front of my eyes. "Text me and let me know how they're doing?"

"Course, I'll see you later." Aston smiled as he strapped the girls' seats into the car after I'd locked the front door of the house.

"Yeah, love you!" I called from my car as I opened the door.

"Love you too!"