Part Ninety

The next morning I woke up to an empty bed with a note on Astons pillow that read,

'I've got work early this morning but I'll be back around 3, please don't go anywhere, we'll sort this out I promise. I love you xx'

I scrunched up the note and tossed it into my bedside drawer before I got out of bed. I know what he's doing. He's trying to butter me up before he gets home so that I forgive him later on. But he's got a hell of a lot of making up to do before that happens.
It got to half past two and I decided to go out into town, I didn't want to be there when Aston got home. I wasn't going to let him do this this easy. I shopped around for a little while, a bit of retail therapy to make myself feel better and with about five bags full of clothes, I finally made my way home at half past four. I parked my car on the driveway and grabbed my bags out of the boot before heading for the front door, spotting Astons car parked up too. I walked in and the volume on the TV was instantly lowered.

"Where've you been?" Aston called as I dumped the bags in the hall to take upstairs later.

"Shopping." I replied simply as I walked through to the kitchen to get myself a drink.

"Why, when I told you I'd be home at three? I thought you wanted to sort this out?!"

"Yeah I do," I told him as I went back into the living room to see him with his feet up on the coffee table. "How does it feel being stood up hmm?"

"I get it," He sighed as he paused the TV. "You're punishing me."

"No, I'm just making sure you know how I feel and where I'm coming from. I'm punishing you by using your card when I went shopping." I smirked, sitting down on the end of the couch. It was a childish thing using his card I know, but he kind of deserved it.

"Babe I've told you I'm sorry like a million times, how can I make this up to you?"

"I want you to be honest with me."

"I have been honest with you, I've told you everything."

"Do you still have any feelings for her at all?"

"What? Babe we went over this last night, I don't feel anything for her anymore. It's all about you, it always will be." Aston said, moving from his seat and taking residence on the couch next to me.

"I'm giving you a free ticket here, if you want to go and be with her then go, no hard feelings..I don't want you to be with me because you can't have her."

"Will you listen to yourself? Do you realise how stupid you sound?!" He asked as I looked back at him shocked.

"Excuse me?"

"Look," He sighed, rubbing his face with his hand before resting it on the back of the couch. "I'm in love with you okay? More than I have been with anyone else, including Adrianne. With you, it's the real thing. I'd never want to screw that up."

"But you-"

"Just let me finish, please?" He asked as I sighed and sat back in my chair before nodding so that he could carry on. "I'd hate to be with someone else knowing that it'll never be half as good as what it is with you. This sounds so cheesy but you're literally my everything, if I lost you-"

"You're not going to lose me." I whispered before he gave me a look, telling me to shut up.

"If I lost you I don't know what I'd do. I'd have no one to come home to everyday, I'd have no one to cuddle all the time, I'd have no one who I can talk to for hours on end and not get bored. I'd have no one to spoil, I'd have no one to show off, no one to be proud of..I'd have no one who loves me as much as you do," He told me as I felt my heart beating hard against my ribcage, he picks his moments to be damn sweet; when I'm mad at him.

"This silly little thing that happened with Adrianne meant nothing, she means nothing to me and she never will okay?" He asked, resting his hand on the side of my neck. "You're the only girl I want. And if I get to spend the rest of my life with you, I'll be the happiest man on the planet."

"What?" I sniffed, realising what he said.

"What?" He frowned as I wiped underneath my eyes as I realised that I was crying.

"You'd spend the rest of your life with me?" I asked as Aston shifted around a bit before moving next to me and sitting up.

"Well yeah, I thought you knew that," He said with a frown. "That's why I asked you to move in...That's why I fucking hate myself for what I did to you, why I'm kicking myself for ruining this."

"You've not ruined anything." I sighed, dropping my hands to rest on top of his.

"I haven't?"

"No, I'm not leaving you."

"You're not?"

"I can't, I love you too much."

"Babe I-"

"This doesn't mean you're off the hook." I told him sternly as I pinched his finger.

"I didn't expect to be, I'll make this up to you I swear."

"Just one more thing," I said, resting my hands on his chest as he leant forwards to kiss me. "Promise me it's over between you and Adrianne."

"It never even started." He replied with a smile.

"Ast," I warned as he brought his hand up to rest on my cheek.

"There wasn't and isn't anything going on between me and Adrianne. You're my only girl," Aston smiled before leaning forwards and softly brushing his lips against mine. "I love you so much babe."

"I love you too, unfortunately."

"Hey!" He chuckled, resting his forehead on mine.

"Well you are a pain in the arse." I smirked.

"Buuuut?" He asked, waiting for me to continue.

"But you're my pain in the arse I guess." I shrugged before he pressed his lips on mine again.