Part One Hundred and Seventy Three

Astons P.O.V.

Twenty minutes of utter boredom and worry after the doctor had left me alone in the room, the doors opened again with four doctors pushing in a hospital bed, Luce lying on top of it.

"Oh my god," I whispered as I stood up, my hand over my mouth as I looked at Luce whilst the doctors hooked up machines and whatnot.

"How'd this happen to you ey?" I sighed once the doctors had left and it was just me and Luce left in the room. "I told you not to do anything to Michele, the one time I need you to listen to me and you can't handle that."

I was so pissed because she hadn't listened to me, she's too stubborn to admit that for once I was right. I told her not to get involved in anything and look where it's put her. After a while I dug my phone out of my pocket and called my mum.

"Ast how's it going?" Mum asked as soon as she picked up.

"Okay I guess, she's out of surgery so that's a good thing." I sighed, sitting down on the chair next to Luce's bed.

"How is she?"

"She doesn't look too bad, she looks better than last time."

"Do they know what happened to her?"

"Apparently she got into a fight at work and went flying down a set of stairs."

"You're joking?" Mum gasped. "Luce in a fight? What was she fighting about?"

"I have no idea until she wakes up and I can ask her. How are the girls? Are they doing okay?" I asked, picking at Luce's bed sheet.

"Little angels. Sophia fell asleep about twenty minutes ago and Ava's pretty much fighting it." Mum told me as I pulled my phone away from my ear to check the time.

"Soph's actually gone down early for once, Ava should be asleep in the next ten minutes Mum, they never stay awake after two."

"Yeah, yeah she's going now. Do you want me to bring the girls down later on?"

"No, I don't want them seeing Luce like this..Actually, will you bring them down when they wake up? I'll take them down to the canteen or something."

"Sure, just text me what floor you're on though."

"I will do, thanks for looking after them Mum."

"Don't worry about it, keep me up to date with Luce yeah?"

"Yeah, I'll see you later on."

"Alright, look after yourself."

"I will Mum." I laughed before we said goodbye and I put my phone back in my pocket.