Part Thirty Eight

After a very slow week, Friday soon approached and it was the day on mine and Astons date. We haven't been on a date since St. Lucia so I'm pretty excited, especially to see what he has planned seeing as he knows London a lot better than St. Lucia.

I'd gotten a call from my brother this afternoon and he was telling me how he was bringing my nieces and nephew with him tomorrow; that just made me twice as excited, I haven't seen them since the week before I left for our holiday.

As I got into my car after finally finishing work, I checked my phone to see a text from Aston;

[don't dress fancy for tonight, just stick on some scruffs and meet me at my place at 7 xx]

Scruffs? On a date? Really? We can't be going anywhere too flashy then if I have to wear scruffs. I shrugged it off as I drove home. Once I got in I had a quick chat with the girls before heading off to my bedroom and getting a quick shower. After I'd gotten out of the shower I slipped on my comfiest pair of leggings and my long jumper that reached just below my waist. I shoved my hair up into a bun and put on my white converse. I grabbed my bag and put my phone in it along with my purse in case I needed any money, then I left the flat and got into my car, making my way to Astons place.

"Hey you listened!" Aston laughed as he opened his front door and I stepped inside.

"Yup," I smiled before he placed a delicate kiss on my lips. "So where are we going then?"

"We're not going anywhere." Aston shrugged, taking my hand as he led me upstairs.

"But you said-" I stuttered, as we walked down the hall.

"I know what I said, but then I changed my mind," He said as we stopped outside of a closed door. "Phone please."

"My phone? Why do you want my phone?" I asked with a frown as I dug it out of my bag.

"Just turn it off for me." Aston instructed as he pulled his phone out of his pocket, presumably to turn his off too.

"Okay, it's off." I frowned, handing him my turned off phone.

"Great," He smiled before placing them into the cabinet's drawer. "Now come on."

Aston took my hand again before opening the door into the room which I now recognised was the 'chill room'. As I stepped inside, Aston closed the door behind me whilst I took in the sight in front of me. The lights had been dimmed down so that there was just a faint glow around the room and the curtains were still pulled back so you could see the gorgeous sunset, along with the tea lights placed across the window sill and the fireplace. The stereo was playing the soft voice of Bruno Mars on a low volume while the fireplace flickered away. A medium sized picnic basket placed in the middle of the room finally explained why Aston wanted me in my scruffs for tonight.

"I don't believe you." I laughed softly as Aston made his way over to the picnic basket.

"What? Why?" He asked with a smile as he started to take out containers of food from the picnic basket.

"I can't believe you did all this." I sighed as he held his hand out.

"Come on," He smiled as I took his hand and he pulled me down to sit on the beanbag chair next to him. "Babe I know it's not as special as going out for a meal but I thought-"

"This," I said, looking around the room. "Is perfect. It's a million times better than going out."

"You don't know how relieved I am to hear that." He chuckled, passing me a plate of food before sitting on the beanbag chair next to me.

"Why? Didn't you think I'd like it?"

"I dunno, I just took a shot. You said you weren't the lovey dovey kinda girl." He shrugged as I shook my head.

"I'm not, but little things like this mean a lot to me."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah, it shows that you've put the effort in, anyone can pick a restaurant but something like this takes a bit of time and a lot of thought."

"Well I'm glad you like it." Aston smiled, resting his hand on my knee before giving it a quick squeeze.

After we ate our picnic-meal, Aston took all of the rubbish downstairs, leaving just a bottle of champagne and a container of strawberries. A bit cliché if you ask me but again, it was the thought that counts. Once Aston came back upstairs, he closed the door behind him before cracking open the champagne and pouring us both a glass.