Part Fifty Three

Astons P.O.V.

I left Tescos as soon as I could before heading over to Lucy's place to see what was going on. Aimee let me in straight away but stopped me from going into her bedroom so that she could tell me exactly how Luce had acted when she came in.

I walked into her bedroom and Luce was just lay there. Not moving. I don't even think she was blinking. I'm just hoping that I can find out what's the matter with her and be able to fix it to get my girlfriend back.

Normal View

I don't know exactly how long I've been lay here for but I do know that Aimee's checked on me about ten times in the last hour. I also know that she called Aston before as I heard her, seeing as she wasn't exactly the quietest person in the world, so I knew that Aston was coming round. Which meant that I'd have to tell him.

"Lucy?..Babe you in there?" I heard Aston ask as he knocked on my bedroom door.

"Er..I don't.." I mumbled, staring up at the ceiling as I heard my door being opened.

"Hey, you okay over there?" He asked whilst closing the door before walking over to my bed.

"What if..why is..I don't.." I mumbled to myself as I thought through scenarios.

"Luce, what's going on?" Aston asked, sitting next to me.

"There's erm..huh? What? Nothing." I said as Aston laid down beside me.

"Babe," He said, taking my hand and locking our fingers together.

"Babe look at me," He sighed, squeezing my hand as I eventually turned my head to face him. "What's going on?"

"I got a..they want me to..but I don't know if I-"

"Luce breathe, and just tell me what's going on. We're worried about you."

"I got a job offer today." I mumbled as Aston kept looking at me intently.

"You did? Babe that's great! So what's all this about?" Aston smiled, rubbing his thumb over my hand gently.

"It's from Sears, they want me to be part of their team permanently."

"That's even better isn't it? This is huge for you!" He grinned, bringing our hands up to his face before kissing my hand gently as I took in a deep breath.

"To be a part of their team permanently, I'd have to move to America." I sighed as Astons eyes widened before his face fell with disappointment and upset.

There it was.

A major job opportunity, that could potentially get me so far and I had to choose between my head and my heart. Just by looking at Astons face right now, I wanted to choose my heart. Sure it was great and all, but I've only just started out here, do I really want to give all of that up?

"D-Do you want to go?" He asked after a few minutes of silence, turning his head to face the ceiling as did I.

"I don't know," I replied honestly. "Part of me thinks this would be a great opportunity you know? But part of me keeps asking if I really want to be restricted to one retailer and one line of business...What do you think I should do?"

"Babe don't ask me that," Aston sighed, releasing my hand to rub his hands over his face. "I know what I want you to do, but this is your decision. It's what you think you should do for your career."

"Ast I need your help on this! I can't make this decision by myself!"

"You're gonna have to Luce, it's got nothing to do with me." He said as he sat up and shuffled down the end of the bed.

"What? Its got everything to do with you! What's going to happen to us if I take the job huh?" I asked, sitting up too but leaning against the headboard.

"I don't know," He mumbled with his head in his hands. "It's your call."

"Ast please! I don't-I don't know what to do." I stuttered as my eyes filled with tears.

"Look just," He sighed, lifting his head and twisting his body to face me. "Just think about what you want to do, forget about me."

"I can't Ast!"

"Well you're gonna have to!" He shouted as he stood up off my bed.

"So what? You'd rather I take the job, jet off to America and leave you h-"

"No!" He shouted, his hands behind his head as he turned around to face. "I'd rather you take the job and be able to stay here!"

"I can't do that!" I said, smacking my hands on the bed as a few tears fell down my face. "I so don't want to leave you."

"But if this is what you want then," Aston trailed off, shrugging his shoulders.

"Do you think I'd be stupid to stay here?" I asked after a moment of unbearable silence.

"Yeah I do, and I think I'd be even more stupid if I tried to keep you here." He chuckled softly. "But-"

"But what?" I asked, wiping underneath my eyes.

"But I'm crazy in love with you, so I'll probably do anything to make you stay."