Part Ninety Seven

Normal View

Aston was upstairs for a long time, so I knew he wasn't going to be able to come to the show. I cleared up the kitchen while Aston was on the phone, and once I was satisfied with how the room looked I grabbed my bag from off the living room couch and headed upstairs to our bedroom. I changed out of my dress and into my playsuit pyjamas, a cute yellow set with a ribbon around the waist. I put my work clothes into the wash basket in the corner of the en suite before using my wipes to take my make up off. Tossing the wipes in the bin, I picked up my hair brush so that I could comfortably tie my hair up.

"Luce?!" I heard Aston call from downstairs, obviously looking for me.

"Upstairs!" I called back, brushing out the knots in my hair.

"You didn't have to clean up the kitchen, I would've done that." Aston tutted as he came into our bedroom not a minute later.

"It's fine, I just thought it'd be best to clean it up there and then." I shrugged, brushing my hair up into a ponytail, securing it with an elastic.

"Yeah, I'm sorry I took so long." He said as I flicked the en suite light off and went into our bedroom, passing Aston on the way, who was leaning on the en suite doorframe.

"What did they say?" I asked, searching through the wardrobe to find an outfit to wear for work tomorrow.

"That if we would've known a few weeks ago then we might've been able to shift things around," Aston sighed, following me into the wardrobe. "But there's nothing we can do. I thought of every possibility but none of them would've worked..I'm so sorry baby."

"It's fine, there's nothing for you to be sorry for." I shrugged as Aston came over to me and took my hands away from the racks.

"There is," He sighed, running his hands down my arms. "I'm not gonna be there, as much as I'd love to be."

"Ast it's your job, I get it." I laughed slightly as his hands reached my own.

"And this is yours. I really don't wanna miss it."

"The only bad thing about you not coming is that I'm probably going to be nervous as hell with no one to calm me down."

"So you don't want me there?" He frowned as I shook my head.

"No I do, I want you there more than anyone else. I'm actually terrified to do this without you." I admitted as Aston looked down at me sympathetically.

"You're gonna be amazing, don't even worry about it." He smiled before pulling me into a bone crushing hug.

"I need to start packing." I mumbled into Astons chest with my arms wrapped around his waist; his were hung around my waist with his hands slightly above my bum.

"Not tonight, we'll make a start tomorrow. We can just celebrate tonight." He said before pressing a kiss against my head.

"Celebrate?" I asked as I lifted my head off his chest and raised my eyebrows at him.

"Not in the way you're thinking, get your head outta the gutter," He laughed as I blushed slightly. "I've got some champagne downstairs."

"Did you get strawberries?" I asked with a smile as Aston rolled his eyes.

"Of course I did, it wasn't worth having you moaning at me for not getting them, I know what you're like." He tutted as I smacked his back.

"You can't have champagne without strawberries, it's like a rule." I giggled as Aston took my hand and started to lead me back downstairs.

"A rule that I've heard too many times." He muttered as we entered the kitchen.

"Hey! It's not like we have champagne all the time!" I defended as Aston poured out two tall glasses of champagne while I sat up on the counter.

"No but when we do, you insist on having strawberries," He said as he opened the fridge door. "Remember last year when you made me go all the way to Tesco just for a box?" He added, bringing over a bowl of strawberries.

"You could've said no!" I giggled as he dropped a strawberry in each glass.

"Come on, it's me you're talking to. You know full well I can't say no to you." He said as he shook his head, passing me my glass of champagne.

"You say no to me putting make up on you!"

"Now that's something I will say no too. But anything else I'll probably do."

"Will you let me straighten your hair?" I asked with a laugh as I ran my hand over his head of curls.

"Sure, but do it later, like before I go to bed," He chuckled as I smiled back at him. "But first, we're celebrating my gorgeous girl's first fashion show in Paris!"

"And your album!" I smiled as we held our glasses up and Aston grinned away at me.

"To finally getting everything we've always wanted." He smiled softly before we clinked our glasses together and took a sip.