Part One Hundred and Fifty One

I was right, the rest of the flight might've only been two hours but it felt like eight. I don't know how he did it but Ast managed to stay calm for the entire time, part of me thought it was just to keep me calm but either way he did a damn good job. Mark was amazing, he'd managed to somehow get us a taxi to be at the airport for as soon as we landed. He said that he'd take care of all of our luggage and sort everything out while we were at the hospital.

The traffic didn't help our situation at all and the closer we got to the hospital the more nervous I got. But we eventually arrived at the hospital and I made Ast tip the driver as he was doing the best he could to get us here quickly, going over the speed limit a few times too. We went straight into A&E and they were able to take us down to the maternity ward where we had to wait a short while for a nurse to come see us.

"Alright, Lucy Merrygold is it?" A woman with a strong American accent said as she walked into the room.

"Yeah it is." I smiled nervously before she asked me to lie down on the table.

"First of all we're just going to do a quick scan and check on your babies, and then we'll find out where the bleeding's coming from." She smiled before doing what she needed to with the machine.

"Okay everything looks good, there's your babies." She said as she showed us our babies on the screen, holding the monitors in place.

"B-But the heartbeat, there's no heartbeat." I panicked as Ast pressed a kiss against the top of my head whilst he squeezed my hand.

"Oh, let me just, ah there it is! I forgot to turn the sound on, I do this every time." She laughs nervously as our babies' heartbeats filled the room.

"Oh thank god." Ast breathed, bringing our hands up to his face to press a kiss against the back of my hand.

"Your babies are looking all good and well so I'm just going to do a quick examination to find out what caused the bleeding." The nurse told us before taking us into a different room.

After the uncomfortable examination we found out that the bleeding was caused by a slight tear in the cervix I think she said. Either way there was no damage to me or the babies and that's all that mattered. We thanked the staff that'd been involved for looking after us and seeing to us so quickly. The taxi ride back to the hotel was quicker than the ride to the hospital but there was still a fair amount of traffic. It's New York, what do you expect.

Aston had called Mark whilst we were in the taxi so that he could meet us in the lobby to give us our key, he'd kindly put all of our suitcases in our room for us. Mark checked that everything was alright with me and the babies when we arrived at the hotel before we headed off to our respective rooms.

Our room was gorgeous! The double bed faced the wall length windows with a breathtaking view of New York, all of the chairs and stuff where in the same space as the bedroom but the bathroom was its own separate room. The bathroom was huge, it had a massive shower, a circle shaped bath, a toilet (obviously) and two sinks with mirrors attached to them.

"How you feeling?" Aston asked as he walked out of the bathroom whilst I was sat on the bed admiring the view.

"I'm a little nauseous but I'm okay." I smiled weakly before he came and joined me.

"Scary afternoon huh?" He asked, resting his hand on my stomach.

"Terrifying, I thought we were gonna lose them." I sighed, resting my hand on top of him.

"We've had so much bad luck it'd just be cruel to lose them now."

"As long as they're okay I don't care how much bad luck we have."

"The babies are gonna be absolutely fine okay?"

"Maybe it's my fault, what if I did-"

"Hey hey hey, none of this is your fault," Aston said, resting his hands on my shoulders and pulling me back down to my previous position. "You heard the nurse, nothing's happened to the babies and that tear couldn't have been prevented, it's just one of those things."

"Yeah I guess." I sighed as he pressed a long kiss against my temple.

"Look everything's fine, and in five months we're gonna have two gorgeous little babies." He smiled, making a smile grow on my face too.

"Are you sure you don't wanna know what they are?" I asked as he shook his head.

"I want to be surprised, I don't want to know."

"You're such a spoilsport, we're not gonna know whether to buy dresses or not now."

"We'll just buy whatever we want and then whatever we don't need we'll donate them to charity or something."

"Ugh fine, just means more shopping." I giggled as I climbed off the bed whilst Ast rolled onto his side, resting his head on his hand.

"Where are you going?"

"Just, getting something off Mark, I won't be a minute." I smiled before quickly leaving our room and heading down the hall.

"Hey Luce what's up?" Mark asked as he opened the door.

"Have you got that envelope?"

"Oh yeah! I was gonna give it to you downstairs, wait a sec.." He said before going back into his room, coming back with a plain white envelope. "Here, he has no idea?"

"Not one," I grinned, taking the contents out of the envelope to check it was right. "Thanks for this Mark, I owe you one."

"Forget about it, you two have fun." Mark smiled before I left his room and headed back to ours.

"Hey, where'd you get to?" Aston asked, sitting up as he heard the door close behind me.

"I told you, I had to get something from Mark, here." I smiled as I passed him the envelope.

"What's this?" He frowned, swinging his legs off the end of the bed as I rested my hand on my bump.

"Just open it."

"Oka-What? Babe what is this?"

"Exactly what it says." I giggled as he rolled his eyes whilst standing up.

"Why'd you do this?"

"Because we're in New York, I wanted to treat you and you know, you deserve it." I shrugged as he settled the envelope on the table.

"Luce I love it, come here," He smiled before placing his hands on both sides of my face and kissing me gently. "But you really didn't have to do this."

"I know, but you do so much for me, you look after me and you've been more than incredible for these last few months, well, years really."

"Babe I'm your husband, it's my job," Aston chuckled as I rested my hands on his chest whilst his rested on the sides of my bump. "But I don't need presents from you, you and these two are absolutely everything that I need."

"Will you please just let me do this every once in a while?" I whined as he rolled his eyes.

"If it shuts you up yeah!" He laughed before kissing me again.

It was nothing special, nothing major, I'd just bought us two tickets to go and watch Justin Timberlake at Madison Square Garden tomorrow night in a reserved box that I'd gotten Mark to sort out for us. I knew that Ast's a massive JT fan so I knew he'd like it.

30+ votes for the next part!

Comments?

Thankyou so much for reading..as always x