Part Nine

"What's going on?" I frowned, as we sat on a bench further down the beach.

"I dunno, I just wanted to kiss you." Aston shrugged, resting his arm on the back of the bench.

"Look, I've only just met you, I don't normally do this kind of thing."

"So? Neither do I, but here we are."

"No you don't get it, I'm not getting involved with you." I said stubbornly, as I stood up.

"Let me take you out," Aston said suddenly as he copied me.

"Wh-What part of I'm not getting involved with you don't you get?"

"Well why not?" He asked, crossing his arms.

"I know your type," I scoffed, turning around and walking in the opposite direction.

"My type? You don't even know me!" Aston said, catching up to me and walking backwards in front of me.

"You're on a lads holiday! Why would you even be thinking of taking a girl out unless you had the intention of sleeping with her?!" I questioned as I stopped walking.

"I'm not that kind of guy! I don't do that sort of thing, I wanna take you out because you seem cool, plus you're gorgeous, something about you just draws me in. Lucy, please?" He asked, looking pretty genuine.

"Tell you what, it's not that late, why don't you take me out now?"

"N-Now?" He stuttered as I nodded my head.

"If you're serious then yeah." I shrugged.

"Alright fine, but if it's nowhere nice then you can't blame me because I've not had time to find anywhere decent." Aston chuckled nervously, scratching the back of his neck.

"Deal, lead the way." I smirked as he took my hand and led me off the beach and towards the main street.