Part Forty Nine

It's been three months since my clothing line came out and I can't tell you how proud I am of how well it's done! The sales have gone through the roof and I've been putting in brand new orders by their thousands, it's unbelievable!

But right now it was five days away from Christmas and I was rushing to get my Christmas shopping done. I'd been so busy at the office that I'd barely had to breathe never mind go shopping. Which meant that I'd barely been able to see Aston for the past few weeks and strangely enough, I'd missed him like crazy. We'd had the odd texts and phone calls but it's nothing compared to the real thing.

Speaking of Aston, he's been planning on taking me out for our belated six month anniversary, seeing as it would officially be on Boxing Day but obviously there'd hardly be anywhere open and we couldn't go out until the middle of January because of the New Year palaver. I was quite excited to celebrate our six month anniversary because I'd never celebrated one before, I'd had an anniversary sure, but Andy never wanted to do anything for them.

Anyway, shopping! My family was easy to buy for so I'd bought all of their gifts pretty easily. I'd decided to get Astons family a few presents too, nothing major but they were decent presents. For Aston, I'd gotten him a watch, some clothes that I knew he'd like and a bottle of his favourite aftershave. I know it's not much but the watch cost me the most plus it's our first Christmas, you don't need to go overboard and he was difficult to buy for. I mean, what do you get someone who already had everything?

Once I got home I made a start on wrapping them all so it was out of the way. I wrapped Astons first as he'd text me half an hour ago to say that he was coming over for a bit. I'd managed to wrap all of Astons gifts just in time for when I heard the keys rattle in the door. A few weeks prior I'd got my key cut and given Aston his own key, mainly because I was too lazy to be letting him up all the time and he did the same for me, we're both just genuinely lazy.

"Where you at babe?!" Aston called as I heard the door close.

"I'm right here." I laughed, poking my head up from in between the couches.

"So you are," He chuckled, sticking his keys in his pockets. "What are you doing?"

"Wrapping." I said with a roll of my eyes, it's quite obvious what I'm doing with all the wrapping paper everywhere.

"Don't roll your eyes at me," Aston said as he crouched down in front of me.

"Actually, roll your eyes at me as much as you want," He smiled before pressing his lips against mine as he realised I wasn't moving.

"Listen, what are your plans for the 3rd to the 5th of January?" He asked, sitting on the couch behind me as I carried on wrapping Christmas presents.

"The 3rd, 3rd," I mumbled as I thought about it, I know that date rings a bell. "Oh! I'm babysitting for Mark on the 4th, why?"

"Really?" Aston sighed as I nodded. "There's no way you could get out of it?"

"None," I said as Aston ran his hand over my hair. "Why? We had nothing planned anyway."

"I booked that weekend off work for our anniversary, after that my schedule's pretty hectic."

"You didn't?" I asked, turning around and leaning on the couch, just to the side of his legs as Aston nodded. "Ast I'm sorry."

"No, babe please don't be sorry, you didn't know," Aston said as he slid off the couch and sat on the floor next to me, avoiding the presents. "We'll just arrange it for another time."

"No I don't want to." I frowned as Aston rested his hand at the top of my thigh.

"Unless you have any other ideas then we're gonna have to." He shrugged while I rested my hand on top of his and he flipped his over and laced his fingers through mine.

"I have an idea, but it depends on what you were planning." I said after a while.

"I wanted it to be a surprise." He whined, tightening his grip on my hand as I shot him a stern look. "Well for on the Friday I've booked us in to do this full spa day thing, I've booked us a table at the Mexican in town on the Saturday night and then for Sunday I was gonna cook you dinner then we'd just lay around all day."

"We can still do that, just minus the Saturday." I said as I bit my lip, hoping he would agree to what I was about to say.

"Babe we can't, you've got the kids on Saturday." Aston sighed as I swung my leg over his so I was now sitting on his upper legs.

"Well, what if I babysat the kids at your place?" I asked as Aston took my other hand and laced our fingers together again.

"I dunno Luce-"

"Please? I don't want to miss out on our anniversary again and you've already booked the time off. Plus the kids love you, they'd love to crash there for the night." I said, giving him puppy dog eyes as I knew he clearly wasn't too keen on this idea.

"You swear they'll be no trouble?" He asked sternly as I grinned at him.

"You've met them; they're angels..So?"

"Fine they can stay!"

"You're the best!" I squealed before taking my hands away from Astons and wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I know," He chuckled as he wrapped his arms around me. "Now what did you get me?"

"You'll find out on Christmas." I giggled, moving his presents out of his reach.

"Speaking of Christmas, where are you spending it this year?"

"Here with the girls why?"

"Well I'm heading up to my mums in the afternoon so I'm pretty much going to be in my house by myself."

"Do you want to spend Christmas morning here?" I giggled as Aston smirked.

"If you insist." He joked before I put a strip of cello tape over his mouth.

"Keep it like that yeah?" I laughed as he tried to shout at me before ripping the tape off.

"I hate you." Aston chuckled before hitting me with a pillow and we launched into a full blown pillow fight right there in the living room.