Part Forty Two

The next morning was kind of a rush seeing as Aston hadn't thought his plan through; we had to be on the road up to Peterborough by eleven o'clock to make it there for midday, but we only woke up at ten and Aston didn't have any other clothes. So he waited for me to get ready at my apartment before we took his car to his house so that he could get dressed himself.

I'd chosen my comfiest pair of leggings and cute top to go with my white converse, deciding against a dress or anything that remotely seemed too much seeing as we were just going to his parents house and I couldn't wear my jeans because Aston told me he was wearing jeans and I didn't want us to be matching. So Aston wore his jeans and his black and white 'hugs not drugs' t-shirt with his black converse. And once he was dressed and ready to go, we set off for his parents house at quarter past eleven.

"Right then," Aston said as we pulled up on the driveway of his parents' house. "Give me a kiss."

"Why?" I frowned as I took my seatbelt off.

"Because once we're in there I might not get the chance to," He smiled before leaning over handbrake and pressing his lips against mine. "It'll be fine, I promise."

"Yeah." I said quietly, taking a deep breath following Aston as he got out of the car.

Aston took my hand as I reached his side before locking his car whilst we walked up to the front door. My hands were shaking and getting slightly sweaty with nerves, the last time I'd met a boyfriend's parents was when I was with Andy and that was way over six years ago.

"It's so cute how nervous you are." Aston laughed as he tightened his grip on my hand before pressing a gentle kiss on my temple.

"Aston! It's so good to have you home!" A middle aged woman, who I could only guess was Astons mum, said with delight as she opened the front door to us before pulling Aston into a hug.

"I know, I'll try to come down more often," He muttered as he pulled away from the hug they were sharing.

"Er mum, this is Lucy. Babe this is my mum, Siobhan." He smiled as he rested his hand on the bottom of my back.

"It's so nice to finally meet you." Siobhan smiled before pulling me into a hug, taking me by surprise.

"You too, Aston's told me so much about you." I smiled as we both pulled back and I took a step back into Astons side once again.

"All good I hope." She laughed as I heard Aston tut.

"Of course, he thinks very highly of you." I smiled as Aston wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Aw, well don't just stand there, come in! Everyone's in the living room Ast." Siobhan told us before we stepped into the hall and she closed the door behind us.

Aston took my hand and led me down the hallway and through a door to the right which led us into the living room full of people talking, who soon went quiet as soon as we walked in.

"Ast!" A brunette squealed as she came through from the kitchen, throwing her arms around Aston in a tight hug.

"Hey!" Aston laughed, wrapping his arms around her.

"I've missed you so much!"

"I've missed you too," He smiled as he pressed a kiss against the girls head.

"She's my girlfriend," Aston chuckled after the girl mumbled something to him before they pulled back and Aston took my hand again.

"Might as well get this over and done with," He muttered under his breath before saying a bit more loudly, "Everybody this is Lucy. Luce this is Courtney, Conor, my dad Orjan, my nan, grandad, my aunts and uncles and you've met mum. I'm sure you'll find out all the names later."

They all chorused a 'hello' with the odd wave as I blushed and said it back before Aston left my side to go and greet his grandparents while Courtney stood at the side of me awkwardly.

"So er, you're Astons little sister then?" I asked with a smile as Courtney nodded back at me.

"Yeah, youngest of the family." She giggled, tucking a piece of hair behind her ears.

"Well Astons told me loads about you."

"Nothing bad was it?" She winced as I shook my head.

"Mainly stories from when you were kids." I giggled as she sighed with relief.

"Thank god."

"From what Astons told me, he couldn't think anything bad of you."

"He's such a softie." She laughed as Aston came back over to us after saying a quick hello to everyone else.

"Who's a softie?" He asked, wrapping his arm around my back.

"You!" Courtney laughed as Aston frowned at her.

"I'm not! Am I babe?" He asked, looking at me to agree with him.

"You are a bit." I laughed as Courtney laughed too before heading back into the kitchen to help her mum I'm guessing.

As the afternoon went on I spoke to everyone in the room, telling the same stories over and over again. But I didn't mind, his family were so lovely and didn't just sit there and nod along, they asked questions and genuinely seemed interested. We sat down for dinner at about half past two and it was one of the best meals I'd ever had, Siobhan certainly knows how to put on a spread.