Part Seventy Four

I was stuck in that grubby hospital for a week before they let me go home, well, to Astons. He'd eventually gave in and agreed that I'd stay at his until he went on tour, he'd drop me off at my old apartment and be picked up by the tour bus from there and then he'd take me back to his place once the tour was over.

"You just wait there and I'll set the bed up." Aston said as he pushed me in my stupid wheelchair into the back room.

"Can I get out of this now?" I asked, trying to push myself up with one hand but proved it to be quite difficult.

"You can in a minute, just let me sort this out." He groaned as he pulled out the sofa bed.

After a few minutes of struggling and quite a bit of swearing, Aston had finally set up the bed, completed with a duvet and piles of pillows.

"There you go, all set!" He grinned, stepping back and admiring his work. "Now, let's get you in bed..Easy, easy, there we go." He said as he helped me out of the wheelchair and into the bed.

"Thanks Ast," I smiled as he lifted the duvet up and tucked me in.

"Anything for you, you know that." He smiled as he pressed a kiss against my forehead.

"You're leaving?" I asked as he turned to walk away.

"No," He laughed, rolling his eyes. "I'm just going to get some of my stuff."

"Your stuff?" I frowned. "Why?"

"You think I'm gonna let you sleep down here on your own?" He asked with a smile as he came back over to me.

"I'll be a few minutes." Aston smiled, kissing me gently before turning around once more to leave the room before I called him back,

"Ast?"

"What?" He asked, spinning around on the spot to face me, leaning on the doorframe.

"I-I love you." I smiled as his smile grew wider before he winked at me, tapping the doorframe as he disappeared out of sight.

He's being too kind to me, especially after everything I said to him. I have a feeling it's just because he feels guilty and that's why he's refusing to leave me. I'd apologised countless times in the hospital but he dismissed it every time, saying that it wasn't important right now and we should just forget it. I was knocked out of my thoughts by a cluttering in the kitchen.

"Ast?"

"Yeah?!" He faintly called back.

"What are you doing?!"

"Making drinks, I won't be a minute!"

I laughed quietly to myself before Aston came back into the bedroom, a bag in one hand and a tray with two mugs on in the other hand. He left the bag by the end of the bed and then proceeded to use two hands when carrying the tray before passing me one mug of hot chocolate, setting the tray on the floor by his side as he got into bed next to me with his mug.

"Mm, Ast can you put it on your table, I can't reach mine." I laughed awkwardly, realising that I couldn't bend my left arm that way.

"Sure, didn't really think the sides through did I?" He chuckled as he took my mug off me and placed it on his table along with his own.

"You did, because now we can do this without my stupid cast getting in the way." I huffed as I shuffled over a little and cuddled into his side.

"That's a benefit I guess," Aston said before placing a gentle kiss on my head. "Listen I'll start tea in about an hour, that okay?"

"Yeah that's fine." I giggled as he pinched my side.

"What?"

"It's just funny because you're turning into a little housewife!"

"Erm no," He scoffed as I looked up at him. "I'm just taking care of you."

"Hmm okay... Remember in St Lucia when we were staying in while everyone else went out? And I'd told the girls I was ill?" I asked as I remembered the conversation.

"Oh yeah, what about it?"

"You said that if I ever got ill when we got home, you wouldn't be waiting on me hand and foot." I giggled as Astons face turned into a frown.

"I did?" He asked as I nodded. "Well I guess something changed that." He smiled before lowering his head to kiss me.

"Nothing's changed," I frowned as we pulled away. "We've not changed, we might be a little busier but-"

"For God sake," Aston laughed. "I fell in love with you, that's what changed you idiot!"

We sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes before I piped up with, "Ast I'm sorry I was such a bitch to you."

"Babe," He sighed, giving me a quick squeeze. "It's not import-"

"It is to me!" I said as he sighed deeply before letting me continue. "I was so horrible to you, you were only trying to help and I didn't even thank you! I just threw you out of my office..You know I'd never talk to you like or throw you out on a normal day don't you?"

"Yeah, babe I get it. You were stressed and I was being a nuisance, I probably should've just dropped the boxes off and left."

"No, I was just being a terrible girlfriend. I don't blame you for not wanting to speak to me." I sighed as Aston took my left hand in his own and began to twiddle with my fingers.

"You weren't being a terrible girlfriend, don't say that-"

"I was!"

"No you wasn't, you'd be a terrible girlfriend if you didn't support me or you hated my guts," He laughed.

"You're the best girlfriend I've ever had, you can cook, clean-"

"Hey! I'm not your housewife!" I giggled as I looked up at him while he smirked at me.

"No, but you're amazing, like on another level. I mean, you're all cut, bruised and broken and I'm meant to be taking care of you and you're practically forcing me to leave you to go on tour."

"You can't give up your dreams for me, that's why." I tutted as he squeezed my hand.

"I'd give anything up for you, and I mean anything, a limb, my house, everything. As long as I have you, everything else can do one."