Part Five

It's a good job our villa was close to the beach because there was no way a taxi would take us when these three were this drunk already. I'd made Aimee give me the invitations when she got them, knowing she'd lose them. Once we got to the beach the 'bouncer' asked us for our invitations before lifting up the rope and letting us past and onto the beach.

It looked gorgeous. There were palm trees swaying in the gentle breeze with fairy lights dangling from the leaves, tiki torches stood up and dotted around the space provided. It was at the top of the beach so there was plenty of time before the tide came in, which would be awhile seeing as the sea was quite far out. The DJ stand had lights hanging from it, sending out strobes of all different colour while he was blasting out the songs to get everyone in the party mood. Next to the DJ stand was a table that was full of pots of UV paints in different colours, me and the girls were definitely going to be covering ourselves in that later! Not forgetting the open bar in a round straw hut with seats dotted around. There was also a few tables on the beach but they were all taken, this place was packed!

"UV paint or bar first girls?" I asked them as they smirked at me.

"Paint!" They all giggled, taking my hands and dragging me towards the UV table.

Once we'd covered each other in every possible colour we made our way to the bar, the girls going crazy with the drinks already. This was going to be one interesting holiday.

I gave up having a conversation with the girls seeing as all they were doing was drinking and giggling at nothing in particular. After about an hour I decided to go to the toilets just a few metres away from the party. But once I got back the girls had moved, as I looked around for them I spotted them with a group of three lads, clinging to one each. So much for a girls holiday. Those lads looked just as intoxicated as the girls so I got myself a simple cocktail from the bar, smiling kindly at the Barman before heading down towards the sea. Settling myself down on the sand, I placed my glass in the sand securely in between my legs so it wouldn't fall over and rested back on my hands just after I'd slipped off my sandals and placed them at the side of me.

I could hear the faint sound of the music from the party but the sound of the sea was much more pleasant. I've always been a kind of nature girl I guess, I wasn't always up for parties or alcohol after seeing what it does to people so I watch what I drink, not wanting to be in that situation myself plus for personal reasons too, I know how to handle my drink.

"I knew I saw you at the bar."

I don't think I've ever turned my head so quickly. I was so lost in my thoughts and the scenery that I didn't even recognise anyone creep up behind me. But to my surprise, it was Aston, from the airport, who had crept up behind me. Talk about creepy.

"What are you doing here?" I frowned as he stood there with a glass in one hand and his other hand in his pocket, pretty obvious he was at the party.

"Beach party, mind if I sit with you?" He asked as I shrugged.

"Sure."

"Cheers." He replied, sitting himself down next to me, doing the same with his glass as I had already done.

"No offence or anything, but why are you here?" I asked, hoping I didn't sound too rude.