Part Forty Five

As the evening went on, drinks flowed and the conversations never stopped. My nieces and nephews had all fell asleep in the back room where they were playing, so I made sure that the door was closed to keep the heat in and so that it wasn't too noisy to wake them up.

My girls and I had a major catchup before Astons friends, who were in St. Lucia with us, came over and started chatting to girls as they brought over new drinks. I'd also been introduced to Astons band mates who were some of the nicest men I've ever met; they were so polite.

Rachel and Courtney had moved into the corner of the room to speak to each other about god knows what as they had no interest in football or cooking, but they seemed to be enjoying themselves.

My dad looked as if he was getting along with Aston, they both supported Arsenal so that's helped as they had something to talk about, the topic most likely being their latest signing.

I'd just been to check on the kids and they were still fast asleep lay on each other. I smiled as I closed the door behind me and went into the kitchen to refill my vodka and coke. I decided to have a minute outside in the fresh air so I opened the back door and stepped outside, enjoying the gorgeous view of the starry night sky.

"I wondered where you'd got to." I heard a masculine voice say from behind me.

"Just wanted some fresh air." I smiled as he hung his jacket over my shoulders.

"I saw you through the window and thought you might be cold." Aston said as he picked up his beer bottle off the kitchen windowsill.

"I was a little." I shrugged, pulling Astons jacket tighter around my body.

"It seems to be going well in there, everyone's getting on." Aston chuckled as we heard a roar of laughter coming from the living room.

"Everyone likes each other then." I giggled, resting my free hand on Astons shoulder as his left hand held onto my waist.

"Yeah, your family's great babe, I really like your dad."

"He seems to like you too, especially now that he's got someone to talk Arsenal to."

"Yeah, but your nephews are hilarious! The stuff they come out with," He laughed as I smiled at the fact that Aston liked my family.

"Listen we better get back inside, Mark and Rachel said they were planning on taking off to put the kids in bed."

"Okay, come on then." I said after Aston kissed my lips softy.

"Wait, one more thing," He said, holding my arm to stop me from going back inside. "Are you happy?"

"Very." I grinned before Aston pulled me closer to him.

"That's all I want." Aston smiled before pressing a kiss against the side of my head.

We headed back inside and saw my brother and sister out, Aston offering to carry Sophie out to their car. Once they'd all left we went back into the living room to carry on speaking to everyone.

Towards the end of the evening people were getting a little bit more drunk and more and more tired, so my parents decided to leave at half past twelve; my dad drunkenly whispering to me that Aston was a 'good'en' as he left.

"So how's things after you explained to him about the whole you-know-what situation?" Aimee asked as she'd pulled me into a corner.

"It's been great. He totally understood and said that he'll try to tone it down a little bit so that he's not 'suffocating me'." I smiled as she passed me another full glass.

"See? I told you he never broke up with you," She laughed as she pushed my arm. "I can see this being the real thing for you."

"You're drunk." I giggled, rolling my eyes.

"I'm not too bad. I never saw you this happy in the whole time you were with Andy, and you've been with Aston what? Three months?" She asked as I nodded with a smile. "If you two don't get married then you're insane and he's a complete prick!"

"Aimee!" I laughed, choking on my drink.

"What?"

"We've only been together for three months, we'll see how it goes."

It'd been at least two hours since Aston had last spoken to me so I wasn't the least bit surprised when he left whoever he was with and came over to me and Aimee.

"How you doing?" He asked, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Who are you? Joey Tribbiani?" I laughed as he pulled me closer to him.

"Shut it." He smirked before quickly pressing his lips against mine.

"And that's my cue to leave." Aimee laughed as she picked her drink up and left us two to it.

"So, are you staying here tonight?" Aston asked as he took my drink and placed it down on the table with his.

"I can do, I don't have work tomorrow." I shrugged as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Great, me neither." He smiled as I hung my arms around his neck.

"Really?"

"Yeah, why are you so surprised?" He chuckled.

"Maybe because you're in a band." I laughed.

"But I hardly work Saturdays, it's more Sundays if anything." He shrugged, soothing rubbing circles onto the small of my back with his thumb.

"Well then we'll have to make tonight count, won't we?" I asked with a smirk, hoping he would catch on.

"What? Why? I'm not going anywhere," Aston frowned as I raised my eyebrows at him. "Oh!"

"Yeah oh. You would've known what I meant if you were sober." I giggled as he pulled me closer to his body.

"We'll definitely make tonight count." He grinned before pushing his lips onto mine firmly.

The Holiday That Changed My Lifeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें