Part One Hundred and Fifty Eight

"How are you feeling babes?" Aston asked as I appeared in the doorway of the living room.

"Tired, uncomfortable, bored." I sighed, slowly sitting down next to him.

I was a week past my due date and I've never been so uncomfortable in my life. And I was more frustrated because I could've done the whole birth thing by now. But this last month and a half have been the same, I've just been uncomfortable for the last part of my pregnancy. And me being uncomfortable means me being irritable which means no fun for Aston.

"I'm sorry baby." Aston said sympathetically, resting his hand on my arm.

"You should be, this is all your fault." I huffed, shrugging his hand off.

"What?"

"I wouldn't be so uncomfortable if you didn't want kids!"

"Babe you wouldn't be so uncomfortable if you just tried some of the home remedies the nurse told us about."

"I don't want to do those, I want them to come naturally." I moaned, resting my head back.

"Then this is the price you're gonna have to pay." He shrugged before resting his hand on my stomach.

"Definitely your babies, lazy buggers." I sighed as one of them kicked.

"Listen I'm gonna pop out to the shops in a bit, what do you fancy for dinner?"

"I don't know."

"You love my chilli, why don't I make that?"

"Will you?"

"Yeah, course."

Aston left to go shopping at about four o'clock, deciding on cooking dinner at five o'clock as soon as he got back. We had a pretty chilled out evening, we sat at the kitchen table to eat Astons homemade chilli, my favourite meal of his, then we moved into the living room and settled down to watch some crappy TV.

"Little shits." I muttered as the babies kicked me yet again.

"What?"

"The babies are having some sort of kickboxing match in there."

"Definitely my kids." Aston chuckled, resting his hand on my stomach and rubbing it gently.

"Tell me about it." I muttered as they kicked me again.

I ended up going to bed at about half nine because I was more tired than I'd ever been, Aston stayed downstairs for a little while longer seeing as he wasn't tired in the slightest. I have no idea what time Aston came up to bed but I was woken up at quarter past eleven with a sharp pain in my stomach.

"You okay there babe?" Aston mumbled as he turned over into his side.

"Yeah, my stomach's hurting a little bit that's all."

"Just try and get some sleep Luce yeah?" He yawned before rolling back over to go to sleep.

I laid down on my back, the only position I could lay in and the most uncomfortable position, and attempted to go back to sleep. I must've dropped off because I was soon woken up by Aston shaking me slightly.

"Luce! Babe wake up!"

I slowly opened my eyes to see Aston stood over me, all dressed in his most comfortable clothes, his joggers and a t shirt.

"Why are you dressed at..1 in the morning?" I groaned, scrunching my eyes shut to try and get some more sleep.

"Luce your water's just broke, we need to go to the hospital."

"What? Really?" I asked, sitting up slightly to see Aston collecting the bag from the wardrobe.

"Well it's either that or you've pissed yourself, you seriously didn't feel it?"

"Clearly not, I was asleep." I replied sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"You know what? That doesn't matter, right now we need to get you to the hospital." He smiled as he pulled the sheets back before helping me to get out of bed.

"But I want to sleep." I moaned as I stretched my arms out.

"I know you do baby," Aston tutted, coming back over to me and resting his hands on my cheeks. "But the babies are coming now, you'll be able to sleep soon I promise."

"Oka-ow!" I hissed as a sharp pain shot through my stomach.

"You okay?"

"No, I think that was a contraction."

"Okay we need to get you there now."

The drive to the hospital took us about twenty minutes and I only had one contraction the whole way there, luckily enough we were stuck at a traffic light so I was able to squeeze the hell out of Astons hand.

Once we were in the hospital we were shown to our private room that we'd asked for. The midwife came in and checked me over, telling me that I was only 1cm dialated.

"Ast you look shattered, get some sleep." I tutted, running my hand over his fluffy hair.

"No way. I'm gonna go get a coffee, do you want anything?" He asked, blinking quickly as he stood up.

"No thanks, I'm okay." I smiled before he left the room to get himself a drink.

I looked down at my blanket covered bump and rested my hands on top of it. Now it's just a waiting game I guess.