Part Thirty Six

Astons P.O.V.

I already had a plan of how to tell our families, well my family anyway. My mum normally has them down for tea on a Sunday afternoon so I figured I'd just take Lucy along with me, plus I haven't been able to go down on a Sunday for so long, so it'd be nice for me to see the whole family again.

I only had a quick meeting at work today and I was finished for three o'clock, but Luce doesn't get off until at least five so I've got some time to kill. I nipped to Tescos on my way home and picked up some treats to take to Luce's house later, just a few bits and bobs that most girls like.

Once I was home I put the treats into the fridge and left the other stuff on the counter before I went upstairs to get changed into my grey joggers and a plain white t shirt. I grabbed my phone off the bed before I went downstairs and called my mum as I sat down on my couch.

"Hello?" Mum answered almost straight away.

"Hey Mum, it's Ast."

"I know love, it comes up on the screen."

"Right. Listen, are you still inviting everyone round on Sunday?"

"Yeah, apart from your Aunt Jill, she's staying at home to watch the neighbours dog while they're on holiday."

"Okay great, do you think you've got enough room for another one?"

"Of course! Aston I'm so happy you're coming home!"

"Me too, but can I bring a friend with me?" I asked with a smile, I loved hearing my Mum so happy.

"Sure, I'm positive there'll be enough food to go around."

"That's great Mum, I can't wait."

"So tell me about this friend, is he from up your end?"

"No, it's a girl." I told her as I chewed my bottom lip.

"You're bringing a girl home? This is so great Aston! What's she like? Tell me about her!"

"Steady on Mum, I'll tell you everything when we come down. All I'll tell you is that her name's Lucy and she's incredible." I laughed at my Mums eagerness.

"Are you happy with her?"

"Yeah I am, very much." I smiled.

"Then that's all that matters to me love. I'll have to get going darling, Conor needs picking up from work."

"Alright Mum you get off."

"Yeah, I'll see you Sunday!"

"See you Sunday Mum."

We hung up so Mum could go pick Conor, my brother, up from work. The lazy shit, I don't get why he just doesn't learn how to drive. As soon as the call was ended I sent a text to Luce,

[don't make any plans for Sunday, I've got telling my family sorted! xx]

[great:/ should I be worried? Xx]

[haha no babe, I'll tell you everything when I see you xx]

Now all I had to do was wait for Luce to finish work so I can go to see her and figure out how we're telling everyone else.