Part One Hundred and Seventy Four

Astons P.O.V.

"Come here Soph," I smiled, unclipping Sophia from the pram and holding her on my knee gently while Ava stayed asleep. "Beautiful little girl."

"How's Luce?" Mum asked, taking a sip of her coffee.

"Still asleep, they gave her some more anaesthetic about an hour ago so she'll be asleep for a little longer."

"How you doing? You okay?"

"Me? Yeah I'm fine, it's just hard seeing her like that you know? All the wires and stuff attached to her."

"She'll be home before you know it. Speaking of home, are you taking the girls home tonight or do you want me to have them?"

"I'll take them, I'll look after them while Luce is in here, I'll get this place to give me a call if anything happens. So can you be on standby for me? In case they do call me."

"Sure, I'm off all week anyway."

Me and Mum finished having a chat, again, before I left the girls with her whilst I went and spoke to a doctor about my situation and made sure that they called me if anything was to happen with Luce. Then I went into Luce's room to say goodbye to her.

"Babe I'm gonna go home to look after the kids. I know I should be here with you, hell I want to be here with you but I can't just leave the girls. You're in the best possible place for you right now and I've made sure that the hospital are gonna call me if anything happens and I'll be right here with you I swear...I'll bring the girls in when you're awake yeah? I don't want them seeing you like this, they need their old Mummy back so get better soon okay?" I asked as I leaned slightly over Luce's bed. "Love you." I added, pressing a gentle kiss against her head.

I left Luce's room not long after and met my mum with the girls, pushing their pram outside towards my car, saying goodbye to my mum as we passed her car. Once I'd strapped the girls into the car I folded the pram down and stuck it in the boot before jumping into the drivers seat and heading home.

I took the girls into the house and strapped them into their bouncers whilst I unpacked their bags and put their car seats in the hall before I heard Ava cry from the living room, closely followed by Sophia as I walked into the room.

"What's wrong huh?" I asked, crouching down in front of them and bouncing them a little bit to try and calm them down. "Okay so that's not working."

I checked them over to see what was making them cry and the only option I had left was that they needed feeding. I left the girls in their bouncers, in view of the kitchen, and started to make up their bottles. Luckily enough for me there were spare ones in their bags so all I had to was heat them up and it couldn't come quick enough, I can't remember what silence sounded like. As soon as their bottles were done I grabbed two bibs off the side and took everything into the living room. I put the bottles on the floor and put their bibs on.

"How the hell am I going to do this?" I muttered as I turned the TV on. "I know."

I pushed the bouncers apart and sat myself in the middle of them, picked up the bottles and started feeding both girls at the same time. Easy enough for me seeing as Sky Sports was on the TV as the last channel I had on before I turned the TV off.

"Trust you two to do this when Mummy's not here ey?" I laughed as I watched them both, Ava's big brown beautiful eyes staring up at me.

Once the girls were fed I burped them, leaving their bottles on the floor with the lids on before sitting back on the couch with the pair of them. I can't explain the feeling I get when I have a cuddle with my girls, it's like I just want to squeeze them so hard, they're just so cute and I love them so much. It's amazing knowing that I have these two for the rest of my life.

I played with the girls for a little while before they both got bored of me and were content with just sitting there with their dummies in their mouths. So I settled on watching TV whilst the girls laid in my arms, Sophia occasionally smacking my chest and Ava whinging when her dummy fell out.

It got to about six o'clock and I realised that I needed to give them both a bath before putting them to bed. I took them upstairs and bathed the pair of them before putting their babygrows on and putting them to bed, not before reading them a story as I did every night.