Part Eight

A few hours later and a fair few drinks later, me and Aston were still sat at the bar having a right laugh. He would make some awful joke that would have us laughing for about ten minutes, but other times he'd just say things in weird accents quite loudy which gained quite a few weird looks from other people at the bar or people walking past.

"I hope everyone's got their paint on because the real party starts in ten minutes!!" The DJ shouted loudly through his microphone.

I looked to Aston and he rolled his eyes and brought his drink up to his lips.

"What?" I giggled, picking my own drink up.

"UV party." He sighed.

"You didn't know?" I asked as he shook his head. "You don't like it?"

"I dunno, I've never been to one before." He shrugged.

"C'mon, it's fun!" I smiled, taking the drink out of his hands and pulling him up by his hands.

"Noo, Lucyy." Aston whined, wrenching his arm back to try and get out of my grip as I dragged him over to the paint table.

"Stop being a bore, get some paint on you." I laughed, picking up a paintbrush and drawing a line of green paint across his chest.

"Hey!" Aston shouted with a hint of laughter in his voice.

After that, a little paint fight by the table, we were both covered in different coloured UV paint that you could only see faintly because of the lights dotted around the place. The DJ announced that all of the lights were going to be turned off and the UV ones were going to come on and you could just see a crowd of jumping colours, it was amazing! As me and Aston were stood laughing at the state of each other, Aston took me by surprise by grabbing my hand and leading me towards the middle of the mass of people in front of the DJ stand.

"What are you-"

"Just dance!" Aston shouted at the top of his lungs as I could barely hear him. He took hold of my hands and literally made me dance as I didn't quite hear him before.

We were dancing for about 20 minutes and I was actually impressed by how good this boy's rhythm was. But then again, half of his job requires knowing how to dance. I'm not much of a dancer myself but with Astons moves, it was pretty easy to get into the flow of this. Just after a few more minutes of dancing in the slight darkness, a crowd barged past me causing me to be pressed chest to chest with Aston, my hands on his chest and his on my waist, both to keep me from falling over.

Once the crowd had gone and I wasn't so squished anymore, it clicked in my head the way we were stood together. I slowly looked up towards Aston as my cheeks flushed red, thank goodness for the dark ey? All I could see when I looked up was Astons eyes shining as he looked at me, along with the different coloured paint on his face.

"You okay?" He asked softly, leaning down slightly so I could hear him.

"Erm yeah, yeah I'm fine, sorry." I mumbled, moving my hands and taking a step back only for Aston to tighten his grip on my waist and pull me closer to him.

"Don't be," He said with a lopsided smile.

Well, what happened next I certainly wasn't prepared for. Aston continued to smile softly at me as he lowered his head, his eyes searching my own the whole time, and before I knew it his lips were on mine in the most gentle of kisses. And weirdly enough, I found myself kissing him back. Whether it was because I liked him or he was just simply a good kisser I don't know.

"Sorry, I've just wanted to do that all night," Aston said shyly, moving his face towards my ear once he'd pulled away so only I could hear.

"Come with me." He added, taking my hand again for the second time tonight and pulling me away from the crowd of people and away from the party.