Part Twenty Seven

When I got back from the airport I went straight up to my room, ignoring the calls from Nicole and Scarlett. I just wanted to be on my own. I'm a little gutted that Aston's not going to be here for the next three weeks and all that I'll have is texts and the odd phone call and it sucks.

I got changed into my bikini, ready to go down to the pool when I heard my phone beep from the bedside table, so I dropped my hair brush and literally ran to get it. I picked it up and saw that I had a text from Aston.

[Hey baby, did you get back okay? just got through security now waiting on our flight, wish you were still here:( I'll see your gorgeous face in three weeks! xx]

I beamed as I read his message before sitting down on the edge of my bed to text him back,

[hey, yeah I got back fine:) missing you already:( three weeks can't go quick enough! xx]

Leaving my phone on my bed, I went back into the bathroom to finish tying my hair up and removing the make up I'd put on this morning. I flicked the light off as I left the en suite and grabbed the sun cream off my shelf, ready to cover myself in factor 30 so I wouldn't burn, being fair skinned is shit! I checked my phone as I sat down on my bed again to see that Aston had replied,

[great! I'm missing you too babe, lads are giving me stick for it! our gates just been called so I'll text you when we land xx]

[you can call me when you land you know, I'll still be awake, time difference?;) xx]

[shut it;p xx]

I giggled as I left my phone on my bed, squirting some sun cream into my hands just as someone knocked on my door.

"Luce? Can I come in?" Aimee asked as she opened my door.

"Why? You going to yell at me again?" I asked, lathering my left leg in sun cream.

"No I wanted to see if you were okay," I heard her say along with feeling a dip in the bed as she sat down next to me. "And I wanted to apologise for this morning."

"You? Apologise?"

"Luce stop it." She sighed as I put sun cream on my right leg.

"Why should I? You were being horrible to me and you have been for the past four weeks."

"Look, I'm sorry for being a bitch to you, and a horrible friend. I was just a bit annoyed that we've come away for a girls holiday and you've spent the majority of it with him."

"I thought you'd be happy for me, you know, since Andy." I sighed, starting to sun cream my arms.

"Babe I am, I'm so happy for you, I was just blind sighted by the fact that I was annoyed. And then the girls talked to me and made me see sense. Plus, you were happy for me and JJ when we were just sleeping together...So, do you forgive me?"

"Of course I do you dummy!" I giggled before she pulled me into a hug.

"Great! Now we can have our proper girly holiday!" Aimee smiled as we pulled back.

"Yeah! And I've got some news to tell all of you too."

"What?"

"I'll tell you by the pool, come on!" I laughed as I picked up my phone and sunglasses.

We went downstairs and Aimee hung back in the kitchen to mix us up some drinks whilst I went outside to Scarlett and Nicole on their sun loungers. As I sat on my lounger and put my phone and sun cream on the side table the girls turned to face me.

"What?"

"Are you okay? You know, after Aston left and everything." Scarlett asked, lifting her sunglasses up to rest on top of her head.

"I miss him yeah, but I'll be okay, I've got you guys," I smiled as they got up to give me a hug. "Oh hang on, that's him now."

I frowned as I picked my phone up and answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Hey babe," Aston sighed.

"Hey, you're not home yet?"

"No," He laughed at my confusion. "I'm not home yet."

"Then what's going on?"

"Well we got on the plane and we were halfway down the runway and the plane turned back around and we all had to get off."

"Oh my god, what was wrong?"

"Something to do with the electrics, they said they're going to try and solve the problem and if they don't think they can get it done within the hour then they're going to get another plane for us."

"So you're just sat in the airport?"

"For the next hour or so yeah, I just thought I'd call and let you know before you panicked over not getting a call later on."

"Yeah I probably would've." I giggled as Aimee came out with a tray of drinks.

"Because you're a little worrier." Aston laughed as I heard his mates calling him in the background.

"Listen, I can hear them asking for you, you should go to them."

"You sure?"

"I'm sure, just text me when you're getting on the plane."

"Will do babe, I'll speak to you soon."

"Okay, speak to you later." I smiled before both hung up so that Aston could get back to his mates.

"Is everything okay?" Nicole asked, taking a sip of her drink.

"Yeah yeah, everything's fine, just something wrong with the electrics and can't leave yet for another hour..Anyway, Aims what's going on with you and JJ?" I asked as I leaned back in my lounger while Aimee started to tell us all about her little 'friendship'.