Part One Hundred and Nine

We left my parents house not long after that. I didn't want to be there anymore and I think if Aston stayed he'd end up hitting someone, so we left. I wanted to see my brother and sister so we stopped off at their houses before heading over to Astons mums house. There was no way I wasn't seeing my nieces and nephews on Christmas Day and Aston understood that. We also told them all about our engagement and they were all so happy for us, plus the kids were going to be bridesmaids and little Paige boys so they were excited.

"Were you serious about what you said before?" Aston asked as we pulled onto the motorway.

"About what?" I frowned, settling my phone on my lap.

"About your mum and dad not coming to the wedding."

"Yeah, if they can't do that to come to their daughter's wedding then they're never going to do it."

"And you're sure about it?"

"Course, I'm tired of it now."

"So what happens if they don't?"

"I guess I won't have a mum and dad anymore." I sighed.

"Babe!"

"What?"

"I know you don't like it but they're still your mum and dad at the end of the day Luce."

"Well what would you do?"

"I wouldn't speak to them for a while, and I'm not gonna lie but I'm not speaking to them for a while anyway."

"You don't like them do you?" I giggled as Aston checked his mirrors before moving lanes.

"I can tolerate your dad and I'm sure your mum's a nice woman but I can't stand them babe, sorry."

"Don't be sorry, I already knew that."

"I just hate that they completely ignore your career and how well you've done. I couldn't imagine never being proud of my kids."

"You'd be a great dad." I smiled as Aston looked at me quickly and smiled back.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah, there's no doubt, you'd be amazing."

"You'll be a great mum too you know that?"

"I don't-"

"Ah you will. I know you will, you'll have me." He smiled, resting his hand on my thigh.

The journey took no longer than half an hour and we soon turned up at Astons parents' house, being greeted by his mum and sister as everyone wished each other a merry Christmas. All of Astons family was here, from his immediate family to his grandparents, his aunts and uncles and his cousins, so Siobhan had her work cut out.

Everyone exchanged gifts and they were all well received, not that they couldn't because they were all wonderful. We had an hour to spare before dinner was ready, as Siobhan told us, so I was sat on the couch while Astons cousin, Christine, passed me her three week old baby girl for a cuddle after she'd been passed around the whole room.

"Isn't she precious?" I gasped as the baby looked around and wriggled her little fingers around. "What did you call her? Did you stick with Melissa?"

"No, Pete changed his mind last minute so we called her Nikki."

"Nikki, it suits her," I smiled as she grasped my finger in her fist. "She's adorable."

"Isn't she just?" Christine smiled as she fixed Nikki's little hat. "I've spent the last three weeks just staring at her."

"I can't blame you, she's so gorgeous. How's Pete been?"

"He's been great, he just doesn't put her down, ever. She's never going to get into a routine, he keeps bringing her into bed with us every single time she cries." She laughed as I caught Astons eye from across the room where he was stood with his brothers, throwing me a cheeky wink.

I spoke to Christine for a little while longer before excusing myself to use the bathroom, just as well because Nikki started to cry. Once I was finished in the bathroom I headed back downstairs and into the kitchen to make myself another drink. But Aston scared the life out of me when he wrapped his arms around me from behind as I filled my glass up.

"I want a baby." He muttered, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"If that's gonna happen then I'll need to be the other way around."

"I-No, Luce," He sighed as I giggled while he turned me in his arms. "You know what I mean."

"I know, but do you think we're ready for something that big?" I asked, setting my glass onto the counter.

"I wouldn't bring it up if I didn't think that we were. I mean, we've got a house, we're getting married, we're obviously not struggling financially and you know, I think we could do it."

"Where's this come from? This morning you were all 'we can have kids whenever' and all of a sudden you want them now?"

"I've wanted kids with you since, god knows, but I think actually seeing you with Christine's baby made me kinda want one even more." Aston smiled as his fingers danced across the small of my back.

"So you want a baby, now?"

"Yeah, but I mean, we might not get pregnant straight away plus we've got to wait nine months anyway."

"O-Okay."

"What?"

"I said okay." I shrugged, looping my arms around his neck.

"We're trying?"

"We're trying to get pregnant." I smiled before Aston eagerly pressed his lips against mine.

"We're actually doing this?" He asked with a grin. "We're actually having a baby?"

"I guess so."

"This is huge." He smiled as I quickly covered my left hand with my right as I saw someone walk past the kitchen.

"So's getting married."

"We're growing up." Aston chuckled as he rested his forehead on mine.

"We're gonna be parents." I grinned as he kissed my nose.

"Ah ah, we're gonna be the best parents."