Part Sixty Nine

I was working from home today, there was no reason, I just didn't want to get out of bed this morning so I just called up my manager, saying it was 'girl problems' and he was fine with it. Plus, I can do my designs at home, possibly even better than normal. But I did get a phone call this morning that was completely unexpected.

Once I'd gotten the call I just wanted to ring Aston and tell him everything! But I thought I'd wait until the email came through so that it I knew it was definitely happening and it wasn't a prank phone call. The email came through in the afternoon and as soon as I got it I had to ring Aston, not even caring that he was at work.

"Hey baby," said a tired voice.

"Ast I've got something to tell you!" I said excitedly, bouncing slightly on the spot.

"Go on Luce, what?" Aston yawned, possibly due to exhaustion from rehearsals for their summer tour.

"My designs are going to be part of London fashion week!" I grinned.

"What?! Babe are you serious?" He asked, perking up a bit.

"Yep, I got the call this morning and the email came through literally two minutes ago."

"Babe this is amazing! I'm so proud of you!"

"Thanks! One thing, I'm allowed five tickets to see the show and then one person to be with me throughout the day, you know, backstage and stuff."

"As long as I get to see your stuff on that runway I don't care."

"No I want you with me, backstage and everything."

"Really? Me? What about your mum?" Aston asked, sounding shocked.

"You're the only one who's ever believed in me, and to say you're proud of me, I want you there." I smiled, dismissing Astons idea completely as she'd only be negative, that's if she'd even agree to come.

"Babe, I'd love too."

"You will?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Ast thank you so much, this really means a lot to me." I smiled, sitting down on the couch.

"No problem gorgeous, I'll come see you once I've finished at work."

"Okay, I'll let you get back. Sorry for disturbing you." I giggled as he scoffed down the phone.

"It was worth it, I'll be round later. Love you!"

"Love you too." I smiled as he hung up the phone to get back to work.

I tried to carry on with my designs for the rest of the day but I was way too excited to focus so I decided to call Mark and Rachel and ask if I could pick the kids up from school and take them to the park before dropping them off at home.

We had a blast at the park, we played tag, pushed each other on the swings and maybe even bought a cheeky ice cream before making our way home, they don't call me fun aunt Luce for nothing.

By the time I got home it was about half past five, due to the fact that I stayed longer than I needed to after chats with my brother and sister, also telling them about London fashion week. I offered them both a ticket and they both agreed so I was over the moon that they were coming to support me. Now I only had three tickets left, but they were probably going to go to the girls seeing as they've also been supportive of me since the moment that this whole thing started.

Anyway, as I arrived home I spotted a familiar car parked in my driveway with my boyfriend sat in the front seat. I got out of my car and headed to the front door and as soon as I put the key in I heard another car door slam shut. I opened the door and stepped inside, turning around to see Aston coming up the steps.