Part Ninety Six

"Babe?" Aston asked, bringing me out of my own thoughts.

"What?" I asked, shaking my head as I brought myself back down to reality.

"I asked you when you leave."

"In two weeks." I sighed as Aston put his cutlery down.

"That soon?!" He asked with a frown.

"Yeah, they want me to go over as soon as I can to get the prep started and perfect it."

"Wow, it's a bit short notice, you can't leave it any longer?"

"No," I replied as I shook my head. "The show's in three months."

"Wait, if the show's only in three months then why are you going out so soon?" He frowned as I avoided eye contact, I didn't want to tell him. "You're gonna be out there the whole time aren't you?" He asked with a sigh, eventually clicking on.

"Yeah, I'm sorry," I apologised as Aston stared down at his plate. "You can come with me though!"

"I can't, October through to December's our busiest time of year. We've got the studio, a radio tour, tv appearances, album release, signings, the lot."

"Y-You can't come?" I asked as my heart beat increased, it was so loud I'm pretty sure he could hear it.

"Well not for the whole three months, what date's the actual show?" Aston asked as he got his phone out of his picked.

"Saturday the 5th." I replied quietly, crossing my fingers under the table.

"Please tell me you mean November."

"December." I whispered as I uncrossed my fingers and dropped my head. I knew it, he couldn't even come to the show.

"Luce I'm sorry, we're performing on the X Factor that night."

"It's fine, it's not like you have to come to every show with me." I said as I plastered on a smile, which Aston could see right through because my eyes were pretty much swimming in tears.

"No it's not fine, now you're upset." He tutted, standing up and kneeling down in front of me.

"Seriously, don't worry about it, I'm fine." I said as I shook my head, willing the tears away.

"Don't tell me you're fine when you look like you're about to cry," He sighed as he rested his hand on my knee.

"I'll go ring management and see if we can move some stuff around." Aston said after a few minutes of silence.

"No Ast-"

"Babe I want to be there with you, there's gotta be some way I can get there."

Aston grabbed his phone off the table and swiftly left the room, leaving me to sit there and eventually let my tears fall. I can't believe I've had this massive opportunity and he can't come with me. He's like my lucky charm, everything good that's happened in my career, he's been there by my side and he's been the only one to say they believe in me and meant it. He's the one that calms me down so I can enjoy every minute rather than panic that something's going to go wrong. Paris will definitely be interesting if Aston can't come.

Astons P.O.V.

"Come on Steve, you of all people have to understand." I sighed, running my hand over my hair as I sat on the sofa in the chill room.

"Ast I understand, but I never had thousands of fans waiting to see me."

"Can't we just pre-record it?"

"The fans waiting outside for you would go mental Ast, plus there'd be loads of speculation around why you didn't do it live. It's not worth the hassle."

"It is for me! She's my girlfriend and I need to be there..Can't I go to the show in the afternoon and just fly back for the performance?" I asked as I bit my lip, this wasn't going to go my way at all.

"There wouldn't be enough time, you've got soundcheck, press interviews, and you'd only be able to see Lucy's show for five minutes."

"Well can't we arrange the performance for another week? Or just do the Xtra Factor?" I can't believe this. I'm literally running out of options here.

"You know as well as I do that we can't do that, both of them are fully booked. Ast I'm sorry, but you can't go to Paris."

"There's no way? At all?" I sighed, staring up at the ceiling.

"Maybe if we would've known sooner then we could've changed the weeks, but as it stands we can't do anything."

"Right, okay."

"I know how much you want to be there for her Ast but you might have to just let this one go."

We spoke for a few minutes more before hanging up and I threw my phone over to the other side of the room.

I can't believe this. There's actually no way I can get to Paris and watch Lucy's show. Never mind the fact that I'm not even going to see her for three months.