Part One Hundred and Twenty Six

Normal View

The drive back home was long and quiet. The fact that we might not be able to have kids came as quite a shock but I don't think that was the main reason why I was upset, and that surprised me. I was more upset because I feel like I've let Aston down, this is something that he really really wants and I might not be able to give it to him. And when we were sat in the corridor and he said all of those lovely things, it broke my heart when I heard him cry seeing as he almost never cries.

"Come on, don't be upset." Aston said, resting his hand on my thigh as he parked the car on our driveway.

"Why not?" I sighed, resting my head on, ironically, the head rest of the car chair.

"Because, it's just a little set back," He told me as he took my hand and squeezed it gently. "We can keep trying and see what happens. Plus, we've got our wedding in a few weeks and we've still got some planning to do."

"Yeah I guess." I shrugged as Aston brought my hand up to his lips and kissed it softly.

"Tell you what, why don't we just focus on the wedding for now and we'll just play the whole trying thing by ear."

"What do you mean?" I frowned, sitting up.

"We'll just let the moment take us, if we end up trying then we end up trying, if we don't then we don't." He shrugged, taking the keys out of the ignition.

"Really?"

"Yeah, the next few weeks are supposed to be the happiest weeks of our lives and I don't want this whole baby thing to get in the way of that."

"You're amazing." I grinned as I threw my arms around his neck in a tight hug whilst he wrapped his arms around me.

"I know," He replied smugly as I smacked his back. "I love you so much."

"I love you too." I smiled as Aston pulled back smiling too before pressing his lips against mine.

We got out of the car, Aston locking it behind us, before letting ourselves into the house. After getting changed into something more comfortable, we let ourselves into the chill room where we'd left everything to do with our wedding. So far we've booked the venue, the church, the band, the cars, the caterers and all that we've got left to sort really is our first dance, flowers, the suits and the dresses.

"Babe I don't mind what flowers we have," Aston chuckled as we sat in the corner of the sofa, me sat in between Ast's legs. "You're the one who's gonna be carrying them."

"So you'd be okay if we had white roses?"

"Sure, whatever you want." He shrugged, running his hands up and down my arms.

"Have you seen any suits you like?" I asked as I ticked the flowers off.

"Erm, not yet."

"You've not even looked have you?"

"I wouldn't say-"

"You've not!" I gasped, turning my head as he chuckled to himself. "Ast you promised."

"I know I know! I'll have a look this week I promise," He said as I raised my eyebrows at him. "I'll take Conor with me, then you can ask your best friend."

"Aw, is someone jealous?" I teased as Aston pouted jokingly.

"Yeah, my girlfriend prefers my brother over me."

"Don't be stupid, you know you're my best friend." I giggled, turning around and sitting on my knees.

"You don't invite me in for coffee every morning." He mumbled, crossing his arms.

"I have coffee with you every morning, here!"

"Not the point."

"If you weren't my best friend would I have told you about Lilly? Would I be marrying you?"

"That's true." He smiled, taking my hands and pulling me towards him.

"See? So stop being stupid." I laughed.

"I hate you." Aston chuckled, pushing me back and tickling my sides.

"No don't! Ast!" I giggled before he eventually stopped kissing me to lean down and press his lips against mine.

"We're gonna be just fine." He said quietly with a smile as he pulled away, trailing his fingertips up and down my thigh.

"I know." I smiled, biting down my lip before Aston kissed me again.

As long as we have each other, I definitely think we're going to be okay.

30+ votes for the next part!

Comments?

Thankyou so much for reading..as always x