Part One Hundred and Thirty

Astons P.O.V.

After Aimee and JJ's revelation I managed to get Luce into the car and take her home, comforting her for the rest of the night. It took a while but I got her to see the brighter side of it; both of our best friends are having a baby. It's been a few days since that night and I had a few days off whilst Luce had to go back into work for a meeting. So I decided to call JJ and invite him round so that I could apologise for me and Luce leaving so quickly at the meal.

"Listen, I'm sorry about the other night man, we're both really happy for you, it's just that things aren't the best right now." I sighed as I let JJ in through the front door, following him over to the living room couch.

"It's cool, but what was that all about with Luce? She just flipped." JJ asked, slipping his hands in his pockets.

I was hesitant about telling JJ, even though we'd agreed not to tell anyone, he's my best mate, I can't lie to him. He deserves to know, right? Plus it might help to have someone else apart from Luce to talk to.

"Look, you've got to promise me you won't tell anyone about this, and I mean anyone," I said sternly as JJ nodded his head. "Me and Luce have been trying for a baby."

"You have? Ast that's great!" He grinned as I shook my head at him.

"We've been trying for over a year."

"Oh," JJ said as his face fell. "That's tough."

"Tell me about it." I sighed, sinking back into the couch.

"So what's going on? Is anything wrong or?"

"I'm not going to bore you with the details but basically, we've got a fifty-fifty percent chance of conceiving naturally rather than a hundred."

"Shit," JJ sighed. "You okay?"

"No, how can I be? Lucy's wanted a baby since she can remember and knowing that I can't give her one sucks, it really does." I said as my eyes glistened over with tears, this was still a touchy subject for me and Luce.

"I'll bet, so have you got help or anything?"

"We went to the doctors on Tuesday, got the test results back and he told us that if we can't get pregnant on our own then there's surrogacy, a sperm donor or adoption."

"Did you pick one?"

"It's most likely going to be adoption, Luce can't go through watching another woman carry our baby and neither of us like the idea of a sperm donor."

"So what are you doing now?"

"We're going to keep trying for another year and if nothing happens then we're going to start the adoption process." I sighed, itching in the corner of my eye to discretely wipe away a tear.

"That's shit man, it really is. And I don't expect you two to be okay with me and Aims."

"Don't worry about it, we can't go round hating people for having kids," I chuckled slightly as JJ smiled back weakly. "Me and Luce talked it out but we are happy for the pair of you."

"If it helps, we were actually gonna ask you two to be godparents." JJ shrugged.

"Really?" I asked as he nodded. "Luce is gonna be thrilled, thanks man."

"Who else would we choose? You're my best mate and Luce is Aimee's, we couldn't think of any people better for the job," Jay smiled as we both stood up to do the whole man hug thing. "You guys are gonna be alright, you'll have a kid one way or another."

30+ votes for the next part!

Comments?

Thankyou so much for reading..as always x