Part One Hundred and Fifty Five

Once I was upstairs I got changed into my new maternity pyjamas, seeing as my stupid old ones didn't even fit anymore. I laid on our bed for a little while before I ended up falling asleep, stupid pregnancy.

I eventually woke up to the sound of Aston calling my name from downstairs. I checked my phone to see that the time was 5:32, I'd slept for nearly four hours straight, that's a new one. I pulled my hair back into a ponytail to make it look more presentable and not as if I'd just been asleep.

"Luce!"

"I'm coming! You should know by now it takes me-" I stopped as soon as I reached the bottom stair and saw into the living room. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"I called her." Aston said, stepping into the living room and passing my mum a cup of tea.

"You what?"

"I called her, she should at least know about the twins."

"You went behind my back?! I told you I didn't want her to know!"

"I am here." Mum butted in as I rolled my eyes.

"I know. I-"

"I can't believe you never told me you were pregnant!" Mum blurted out as she stood up and Aston moved from being in front of me.

"You didn't deserve to know! You hardly spoke to me at Dads funeral, you never came to our wedding because you couldn't accept my career, you're just a lousy mum!"

"Like mother like daughter ey?" Mum asked as I frowned at her, unfolding my arms.

"What?"

"You actually think you're going to be a half decent mum?"

"Hey now-"

"You can butt out." Mum said sternly, pointing her finger at Aston.

"D-Don't talk to him like that-"

"Luce is gonna be a great mum, which is more than what can be said for you." Aston growled as I rested my hand on his arm.

"She can't be a mum, look what happened to the last one-"

"HEY!" He shouted, startling both me and my mum. "That was uncalled for, that wasn't Luce's fault. And this time she's not gonna be on her own, she'll have me."

"And you know how to raise a child?" Mum scoffed.

"No but I'll learn, they're my kids it'll come naturally." Aston shrugged, trying not to let my mum get to him.

"This is pathetic, you two can't possibly raise a baby, never mind two."

"If we didn't think we could do it then we wouldn't have spent over a year trying to get pregnant!" I shouted as Aston rested his hand on the base of my back. "This isn't something that we just decided over night, it's something that we really really want."

"And if your attitude towards us and the babies is gonna stay like this then I don't want you in their lives." Aston said truthfully.

"You-"

"I can't believe I even invited you into our house, I think you should go."

"That's not your decision, I'm Luce's mum."

"And unfortunately you're my mother in law, neither of us want you here so I think it's best you left."

"Fine, but don't call me if you ever need any help." Mum shrugged as she grabbed her coat off the back of the couch.

"You'd be the last person we'll call. Trust me, we'll be fine without you." I said, giving my mum a dirty look as she left our house.

"See? That was just a waste of time." I sighed, moving into the kitchen.

"I'm sorry Luce I thought she would've helped you," Aston said as I heard him follow me. "I just wanted you to feel better."

"I know you did," I tutted, turning around and resting my hands on his chest as his were instantly drawn to my stomach. "But she's never gonna change, not for my sake or for the twins, and I think Dad dying pushed her over the edge."

"What do you mean?" Aston frowned as I fiddled with his shirt.

"When Dad was here he'd talk her round to certain things regarding me and now that he's gone she's gone back to being her normal self."

"You're way too good to be her daughter, you're like complete opposites. She's got a heart of stone and you've got a heart of gold, I don't even see how it's possible."

"I surrounded myself with good people," I shrugged. "Now how does a brew sound?"

"A brew sounds great." Aston laughed quietly before pressing his lips against mine softly.

"Good, kettle's over there." I smirked before moving into the living room.

"Lazy bitch!"

"You knew that when you married me." I giggled as he poked his head round the side of the door.

"It's a bloody good job I love you." He chuckled, shaking his head before disappearing back into the kitchen.

30+ votes for the next part!

Comments?

Thankyou so much for reading..as always x