Part Sixty Three

Astons P.O.V.

You'd never guess by just looking at Luce that she'd gone through all of this heartbreak at just sixteen. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it must've been for her to lose her daughter like that, especially since she'd only had her for such a short amount of time.

But seeing her as the woman she is today, how strong and successful she really is, makes me love her even more. Just knowing what she's overcome and she still smiles every day, I don't think I've ever admired someone this much.

Just when I think she can't surprise me anymore tonight, she comes out with, "I love you too."

"Luce you don't have to say that." I sighed.

"I'm not, I really do love you." She smiled softly at me as I frowned at her.

"You do?" I asked as she nodded.

"Really?..Babe!" Luce squealed as I took her into my arms and we ended up lying down on my bed.

"I love you so much!" I grinned before kissing her.

"I love you too." She giggled as she lay on her back and I leaned over her.

"I love you." I smiled as she rolled her eyes at me, knowing what I was doing.

"I love you too." Luce laughed, dragging her fingers through her hair before I lowered my head and kissed her again.

"Say it again."

"No." She giggled, looping her arms around my neck.

"Please?" I asked with a smirk as I ran my right hand down the side of her body.

"Fine..I love you!"

"Love you too gorgeous." I winked before lowering my head to kiss her again, but for much longer.

"I can't believe this whole thing started on a girls' holiday." Luce smiled as we pulled away.

"I know," I said quietly as Luce played with the little bits of hair at the back of my head. "I can't believe I almost never went."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I didn't fancy going at first but I thought why the hell not? So I bought my ticket last minute..And I'm so glad I did," I smiled, trailing my index finger down the side of her face, tucking away a piece of fallen hair as I did so. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

"Ast," Luce tutted before leaning up to kiss me softly. "Thanks for showing me that not all guys are the same, and for actually believing in me..I don't think I could've done any of this without you."

"We're both being a little bit soppy tonight aren't we?" I chuckled after we'd shared a passionate kiss.

"I can't help it, the whole thing with Lilly set me off."

"About that, I'm unbelievably proud of you. The fact that you can go through all of that and be the way that you are today, I just..You're incredible."

"It's tough but you know, you get on with it." She shrugged as I smiled at her.

"You're my hero..You really really are."

"You're being really sweet tonight, do you want sex or did you do something bad?" She asked looking really serious, making me burst out laughing, the things she comes out with.

"I've not done or want anything, I just wanted to tell you." I laughed as she raised her eyebrows at me before laughing herself.

"Can you do me one favour?" Luce asked as we calmed down after our little laughing fits.

"Anything."

"Will you come to see Lilly with me next week?"

"Course I will, next Tuesday yeah?" I asked as she nodded. "I'll be there."

"Thanks, I don't fancy going on my own this year."

"You never took the girls?" I frowned as she shook her head.

"They don't know about her."

"Why?"

"The only people who know about her are my family, Andy and you. Please don't tell them." She pleaded, looking up at me with panic in her eyes.

"I won't, but you know they'll find out eventually."

"I know, just not yet."

"Okay, so birthday!" I said cheerily, clasping my hands together as we moved off the touchy subject. "What are we doing?"