Part One Hundred

For the rest of the night my head was spinning, but not from the drink. I couldn't get my head around what JJ told me, that Aston was going to propose. I mean, moving in together was a huge step for me but I knew I was going to be with Aston forever, so why am I freaking out? Is this why he's more gutted than he's letting on? Was he going to propose before Christmas?

The amount of drinks that I'd had made me more confident than usual so I made my way over to Aston, who was sat at the bar with a drink in his hand.

"I need to talk to you." I said firmly, taking him by the hand and pulling him off his seat.

"Woah! Now?!" He shouted over the music as I dragged him to the back doors of the club.

"Luce what's going on?" He asked, bringing his drink up to his lips as I shut the door behind us, standing outside in the somewhat cold.

"JJ said you were going to propose." I told him outright before he chocked on his drink.

"What? JJ said that?" Aston asked as he wiped his lips and I nodded.

"Babe, Jay's wrecked!" He laughed as I frowned.

"So it's not true?"

"No! Luce, we've only just moved in together, I'm definitely not proposing, not yet anyway." Aston smiled as he took one of my hands in his own whilst I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Good, because you know I'm not read-"

"I know, Jay's just chatting shit babe, don't let it get into your head." He chuckled before pulling me closer to press a delicate kiss on my lips.

Okay, so he said he's not going to propose, but one thing doesn't add up; JJ said he had a ring.

"But Jay said that you had a ring and everything."

"You want the truth?" He asked with a sigh as I nodded my head and rolled my eyes. Obviously I wanted the truth. "I do have a ring."

"What?" I spluttered as my eyes opened wide.

"Don't be freaking out okay? I have a ring but I'm not proposing any time soon."

"Then why do you have it?"

"I saw it in one of the brochures Marv had from when he proposed to Roch, I just thought that you'd like it and it just felt right buying it, knowing that I had it and it'd be on your finger someday." He shrugged as I tried my best to keep the smirk off my face.

"What makes you think I'm going to say yes?" I smirked as Aston wrapped his free arm around my waist and brought me closer to him.

"Stop trying to freak me out, we both know you'll say yes when the time's right."

"And why's that?" I giggled as he took a sip of his drink.

"Because you love your sexy boyfriend way too much to say no. And because he love you lots and lots." He smirked as I rolled my eyes at him.

"I don't know about sexy but I do love him." I teased before he pinched my waist.

"Don't worry about what Jay said or the fact that I've got a ring yeah? I'm not even thinking about proposing anytime soon. And anyway, when we do eventually get engaged, we don't have to get married straight away, you can just walk around with a flashy ring for a while."

"Really?" I smiled as Aston smiled back and shrugged his shoulders.

"Sure, as long as I know that you're gonna be my wife someday, I could wait as long as you need," He smiled before pressing his lips against mine again. "Don't worry about it, I'm not planning on asking you anytime soon."

As he pulled me into a gentle hug I couldn't help but believe him, but then again, the pace of his heartbeat was telling me otherwise.