Part One Hundred and Thirty Nine

I climbed out of the car and ran up to the doors, I tried opening them but remembered that I needed a swipe key to get in and mine was at home. I pressed the button for the sixth floor and waited.

"Hello?"

"Babe let me in." I sighed before hearing the door buzz two minutes later.

I went through the doors and got in the lift, pressing the six button and going up to Luce's floor. Once the lift had stopped I made my way down the corridor to her office.

"So this is where you've been hiding?" I asked, leaning on her doorframe with my arms folded whilst Luce was sat at her desk with her hair and make up all done, dressed in her old jeans and a zip up hoodie.

"How'd you find me?" Luce sighed, pushing her computer mouse away from her.

"I've looked around the whole of London for you, this was the last place I could think of," I shrugged. "Babe why the hell are you here? We've got a church full of people waiting for us."

"I just looked at my dress and panicked."

"What are you panicking about? Everything's fine." I asked as I made my way over to her desk.

"I don't know I-"

"Are you not ready?"

"Course I am-"

"Do you not love me anymore?"

"Ast obviously I love you, don't be stupid," Luce tutted as she stood up. "How can you even think that?"

"Can you blame me? You stood me up on our wedding day!..What is it then? Do you not want to get married?"

"I do want to marry you, it's just..it's just-"

"Just what?" I pressed as I took a step closer to her and lightly took her hands in mine.

"I don't want us to get married if I can't give you a baby..I don't want you to be stuck with me when you can be happier with someone else, someone who can actually give you everything you want." Luce admitted as two or three tears rolled down her face.

"That's what this is about?" I asked, raising one hand to gently wipe away her tears with my thumb as she nodded, like it was obvious.

"Babe it's so sweet that you want me to be happy but you've got to understand that with you, I've never been happier," I smiled, dropping my hands to rest on her waist. "You have given me everything that I want, you're everything I want."

"But you want a baby-"

"Yeah, but I want you more." I smiled as more tears steadily made their way down Luce's face.

"Do you mean that?" She asked with a shaky voice as she rested her hands on my chest.

"Pfft! 'Do I mean that?'" I scoffed as Luce giggled slightly. "I've never been more serious in my life!"

"So you don't care that we might not be able to have a baby of our own?"

"Well of course I care, but it's not as important as you..I'm gonna put this into simple terms so you can understand it yeah?..I love you, nobody else, just you. Nobody can make me happier than you do. I want to spend the rest of my life with you regardless of whether we can have a baby or not."

"I love you too." Luce smiled as I eagerly pressed my lips against hers before I wrapped my arms around her in a tight hug.

"So, can we go and get married now?" I asked, with a hint of laughter to my voice.

"Yeah, we've kept everyone waiting long enough." She smiled as she pulled back, her arms hanging around my neck as mine were wrapped loosely around her waist.

"Come on, we need to get you changed." I told her before we turned off all of the lights in her office.

Luce locked her office and we got in the lift to head back down to the car. I apologised to the driver for taking so long and asked if he'd take us back to Aimee's house so that Luce could get dressed.

"You can come in Ast." Luce giggled as I stood outside the bedroom door.

"I'm not going in there, just hurry up." I chuckled as I heard her rustling about.

"Alright alright, I'm done. How's this even gonna work?"

"Here, just, take my hand." I told Luce as I stood with my back to her with my hand held out behind me.

"Ast you can turn around." I heard her giggle as the bedroom door was shut.

"I can't, it's bad luck."

"Ast-"

"Babe I'm not looking so you might as well just do it." I sighed before I felt her hand in mine.

"How are you not going to look at me all the way to the church?" Luce asked as I led her downstairs slowly.

"I dunno, I'll figure something out."

We got to the car and I got the driver to help Luce into the car so that she was sat behind the passenger seat, that way I couldn't see her at all. The whole drive there I had to divert my eyes away from the mirrors to stop myself from looking at her, no matter how much I was dying to.

"I'll go in now babe," I said as the car pulled up outside the church, reaching my hand behind the seat which Luce soon took and I gave it a quick squeeze. "I'll get Mark to come out and get you."

"I'll see you in a few minutes then." Luce giggled before I let go of her hand and made my way back into the church.

"Well?" Scarlett asked as soon as she saw me.

"I found her, she's outside in the car. Can you go and help her out?" I asked as Mark came down the aisle to me and Conor.

"Did you find her?!"

"Yeah, she's outside waiting for you." I smiled, patting his back before he ran outside to find his sister.

"Come on then, let's go get you married." Conor smiled as I smiled back at him before we headed up to the top of the aisle.

30+ votes for the next part!

Comments?

Thankyou so much for reading..as always x