Part Sixty Seven

"Look what you did, now we're late!" i huffed as we sat down at our table at the back of the restaurant, the waiter giving us a stern look as Aston begged him to let us have our table.

"Oh behave, we're here now," He tutted as we were passed our menu's.

"And we can finally start your birthday celebrations." He smiled, taking my hand across the table and grazing my skin gently with his thumb.

We quickly decided on what we wanted to eat and drink just as the waiter came over to take our orders. We continued to chat as our drinks were quickly brought over to us.

"I've brought your third present with us," Aston said as he pulled out a card from the inside pocket of his coat that was hung on the back of his chair. "And I think, you might like it."

I smiled as I took the card off him and opened it up. Inside the card was another piece of card and loads of confetti fell out of it.

"For gods sake Ast!" I laughed, brushing the confetti to one side and picking it off my lap.

"Turn it over." Aston said, nodding at the piece of card.

I picked up the piece of card and almost cried with happiness. It was a certificate that basically said that Aston had had a star named after Lilly.

"Now you don't have to go all the way down to the cemetery every time you want to talk to her."

"Ast, this is, I mean it's, I can't-"

"So don't yeah?" He smiled as he stood up before coming round the table to me and pressing a kiss against the side of my head.

"This is amazing, thank you so much." I smiled as I looked up at him.

"I'll let you off for that one." He winked before lowering his head to kiss me softly.

"Please tell me that's it now for the gifts?" I asked as Aston shook his head whilst biting his lip. "Aston!"

"There's only one more, I swear." He chuckled as he sat back down in his seat just before our starters arrived.

We ate our starters and swiftly moved on to our main course, which was quickly gotten ridden of seeing as we were absolutely starving. But once our main meals were out of the way, we had a good twenty minutes before our deserts were brought out so I decided to quickly nip to the ladies. As soon as I'd finished doing what I needed to do, I went back to the table to see a huge slice of chocolate cake in the middle and a small black box placed in front of my seat.

"W-What's this?" I asked as I sat back in my seat, Aston smiling away at me the whole time.

"Open it." He told me as I picked up the box and slowly opened it, to reveal a stunning silver stone ring.

"Ast-"

"It's not what you think it is, not yet anyway," He chuckled as I took the ring out of the box. "It's a promise ring."

"Oh." I said quietly as Aston reached across the table to take my hand in his.

"I promise that I'll always be there for you, no matter what. I'll look after you when you're sick, I'll console you when you're upset, I'll support you with everything that you decide to do, I'll try my best to make you happy every single day and I'll love you with every single bone in my body for as long as I live." He smiled softly as I felt my eyes well up as I looked at him and the ring in turn.

"I-You're too sweet." I smiled, wiping a stray tear away as Aston squeezed my hand before standing up, tugging at my hand so I was stood up too.

"Here, can I?" He asked, gesturing his hand out to take the ring.

I nodded my head as I passed him the ring and he took my right hand before slipping the ring onto my fourth finger, bringing my hand up to his lips, kissing it once he was finished.

"I love you so much." He grinned, resting his hands on my waist as I rested mine on his shoulders.

"I love you too." I giggled before he pulled me closer to him and crushed his lips onto mine.

The kiss didn't last very long as we didn't want to cause a scene so we sat back down very quickly and started to eat our chocolate cake. We were going to get a slice each to begin with, but once we'd finished our first two courses we realised it'd be a better idea to share a desert rather than waste one.

"Come on, one more!" Aston chuckled as he scooped up the last piece of cake onto his fork.

"No! I'm having this and that's it!" I giggled, holding up my own fork that already had cake on it.

"Alright, then have this one." He said, edging his fork closer to my mouth.

"Fine!" I laughed, opening my mouth as Aston fed me the chocolate cake, wiping the fork on my nose.

"Oh what the hell!" I laughed slightly, picking up my napkin to wipe my nose as Aston sat across from me, laughing his head off as he clearly found it hilarious.

I ignored him as I wiped the chocolate off my nose, rolling my eyes internally at how childish he was being. Well, two can play at this game. I put my napkin down and picked up the small piece of cake that was left with my fingers.

"You made me have some, now it's your turn." I grinned as I held the cake up.

"Fine, but don't be putting it on my nose." He laughed as I smirked before holding it up in front of his lips.

Just before he opened his mouth, I smeared the cake all over his mouth while he sat there gobsmacked as I laughed at him; just like he did to me.

"You're horrible!" He moaned, using his napkin to wipe away the cake from his mouth.

"You did it to me!" I giggled as he shook his head at me.

"It's a good job it's your birthday!" He warned jokingly, putting his napkin back on the table.