Part Forty Four

A week later and me and Aston are setting up his house ready for our families and friends to come over. I'm so excited to see the girls tonight, we've all been so swamped at work and we've hardly saw each each other this past week so tonight should be fun. Although I was excited, I was slightly nervous about our parents meeting each other, but I think my nerves were more focused on my parents meeting Aston for the first time.

"Do you think we've got enough?!" I called through to the living room from the kitchen as I looked among the supply of alcohol across the counter.

"Yes! Babe we've got plenty, stop fussing!" Aston laughed as he pushed his way into the kitchen.

"Well what if-"

"Stop it!" He laughed, taking my hand and pulling me away from the counter.

"How are you so calm?" I asked as he snaked his arms around my waist.

"Because there's nothing to worry about," He chuckled as I hung my arms around his neck. "My family loves you, our friends have already met bar my band mates, and I'm sure your family will love me."

"I dunno," I teased as Aston smirk turned into a frown. "My dad's got something against boyband members."

"I'll have to make him like me then." He smiled before kissing me quickly.

"Now go and get dressed before people start arriving." He laughed, tapping my bum as I turned to leave the kitchen.

I'd brought my clothes with me and hung them up in Astons wardrobe so that they didn't get creased. I'd picked out my white skinny jeans with my red cami paired with my black Louboutins, once again. After a splash of perfume I made my way downstairs to Aston who was tidying away his jackets in the downstairs closet.

"Is everything sorted?" I asked, spinning my phone around in my hands before slipping it into my back pocket.

"Yep everything, now come with me." Aston said, taking my hand and leading me back upstairs.

"Why are you taking me up here? Ast we need to be downstairs to greet everyone, Aston!" I scowled as he locked us in the 'chill room'.

"You need to calm down," He laughed, pushing me down onto the couch. "Just sit here for a bit until the doorbell goes."

"Fine." I sighed as Aston sat next to me and I rested my head on his chest under his arm.

"So I was thinking about taking you out next Saturday." Aston said as he tickled my shoulder lightly with his fingers.

"Really? Where?" I asked, tilting my head up to look at him.

"It's nothing special, but I was thinking Nando's then we could go see a movie or something."

"I'd like that." I smiled before he lowered his head to kiss me gently.

"Something quiet and relatively private. I'll take you out properly once everything's calmed down."

"You don't have to-"

"Babe we've already talked about this! I want to treat you, spoil you absolutely rotten, and I know you're not used to it but that just makes me want to do it more." Aston smiled before kissing me again as I heard the doorbell go.

"Time to face the music." I sighed as Aston got up off the couch and pulled me up.

We headed downstairs to open the front door, and to no surprise it was my mum and dad, along with my brother and sister with their families. I'd already asked Aston beforehand if my nieces and nephews could come and he said it was fine as long as nothing got spilled on his white couch.

I said hello to my mum and dad before standing aside and letting everyone else in before introducing Aston to them.

"Ast this is Mark, Jane, Rachel, Jason, my mum Mandy and my dad Dave. And the little ones are Sophie, Jessica, Max and Riley." I smiled as I pointed at each one of them individually.

"Nice to meet you," Aston smiled as he shook the men's hands and gave the women a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey gorgeous, what's your name?" He asked, crouching down in front of Jessica.

"Jessica." She said quietly, biting down on her thumb.

"That's a pretty name. A pretty name for a pretty girl." He smiled as Jessica giggled and Sophie came into the conversation.

"My name's Sophie!" She grinned as Max and Riley came to stand by them.

"Another pretty name for another pretty girl, is this your brother?" He asked, pointing at Riley slightly.

"Noo," Sophie and Jessica giggled. "That's Riley! Max is our brother!"

"Silly me. How are you buddy? Give me five," Aston chuckled, holding his hand out for a high five which Max gave him. "And you too little man." He said, holding his hand out for Riley too.

"Who wants a drink then?" He asked as he stood up and all the kids shot their hands up.

"Come on then, they're all in the kitchen!" He said cheerily as he led the kids into the kitchen, winking at me as he turned his head back slightly.

"He seems pretty decent." Dad shrugged as I led them into the living room.

"He is, he's not got it in him to be anything but." I smiled as my nieces and nephews came out of the kitchen with a cup and packet of crisp each, Aston following behind them.

Shortly after my family had arrived, Astons family turned up and then everybody else came in in dribs and drabs. Mine and Astons parents got on like a house on fire, my mum was a professional chef so she and Siobhan had more than plenty to talk about and our dad's had the common interest in football so that kept them busy, especially when the other men caught wind of what they were talking about and joined in.