Part Sixty Five

Finally I'm 22! Feels like I've been 21 for ages! I woke up this morning to the cutest birthday text off Aston,

[00:00

Bang on twelve, get in! happy birthday to the most gorgeous, amazing, sexy, talented, perfect girlfriend ever! I love you so so much baby and I'm so happy I get to share your birthday with you! I'm so excited to see you and give you a massive birthday kiss, and your presents too obviously;) have a good day at work babe, I'll see you when I pick you up!

All my love, Ast x

p.s get a taxi to work!]

I literally couldn't stop grinning as I read it three times over, forcing myself to put it down so that I could get into the shower.

I decided to go for a more casual kind of look today for work, my laced black skater dress doing just the trick. I paired it with eye catching yellow necklace and my black Louboutins once again. My makeup was the same as it was everyday, except today I decided against my red lipstick and went for a pinky colour instead.

I went downstairs to make myself some breakfast, a bowl of cereal being more than enough, before making sure that I had everything I needed in my bag.

I heard the letterbox go so I left my bag on the couch before grabbing my keys and unlocking the door to grab the mail. Only to be stopped by a huge gorgeous bunch of lilies on my doorstep. I stepped over them and got my mail before picking the flowers up and taking them back into the house. I closed the door behind me and took everything else into the kitchen, dropping them on the counter.

I admired the flowers, which were wrapped with a purple ribbon at the bottom, and realised there was a card tucked away at the back.

'lilies are still your favourite flower right?

gorgeous flowers for my gorgeous birthday girl

couldn't let you go to work without a present could I?

so here's present #1, I'll give you the rest when I see you

Love you! Axx'

I smiled before taking my flowers and settling them on coffee table, picking up my phone and texting Aston once I was finished.

[I wanna see you noww:( you're too sweet! Yes lilies are still my favourite, I love the flowers, they're gorgeous! but the flowers are enough, I don't need any more presents! I can't believe how lucky I am, I love you so much! xx]

I put my phone in my bag before picking it up and leaving my house, locking the door behind. I drove into work and headed straight up to my office, being stopped along the way by various people to wish me a happy birthday. I got to my office and there was a banner with the words 'Happy Birthday!' written across my door. I got inside and there were balloons everywhere. My phone buzzed in my pocket so I took it out and saw two texts from Aston,

[you'll see me later pretty girl, and you need to realise that I'm gonna spoil you on your birthdays! opposite way around babes, I can't believe my luck with you, love you too! xx]

[did you like your second surprise?;)]

I quickly punched his number into my phone, leaving it to ring while I rested my back on my desk, seeing a little cupcake with the icing spelling out 'happy birthday baby' on top of it.

I didn't even get a chance to say a word to Aston when he picked up as he immediately started to sing happy birthday to me down the phone. And that's enough to make anyone blush.

"Did you do all this?" I asked, pushing the balloons off my desk.

"Sure did, I popped in this morning on my way to work."

"Well I love it, thank you." I smiled, sitting down at my desk.

"Baabe," He groaned down the phone as I giggled at him. "Save that for later yeah? Or it's gonna drive me absolutely insane."

"Sorry." I giggled, putting the phone on speaker as I logged into my computer, opening up the Internet to check my emails.

"What the hell was that noise?"

"I've put you on speaker, I was logging in to my emails."

"Did you read them yet?"

"Wh-Yeah, I've got one from you. You never email me-"

"Just shut up and read it babe." He chuckled, as I clicked onto his email and read through it.

"Ast," I tutted as I read it again.

"So, do you fancy it?"

"You know I do, but please tell me that's it?" I asked, biting my lip.

"Mm not quite, I'd say there's about two more."

"Two? Ast I-"

"Whoops, gotta go babe. I love you and I'll talk to you later!"

"But Ast-"

"Bye!"

And then he hung up, just like that. I frowned as I put the phone down, before looking back at my computer screen. The email started with 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY!' and then carried on with all the details for flights to Paris in two weeks time and all the hotel details. I resisted the temptation to google our hotel and different places that we could visit and made sure that I got some work done before I had to leave.

My whole team treated me to lunch, along with a few cards and the odd bottle of wine. It was so much fun just to hang out with them and to just have a laugh, not having to worry about work.