Part One Hundred and Sixty Four

"Where are my granddaughters?" Siobhan said excitedly as she opened our hospital door.

"Mum!" Aston grinned, standing up out of his chair and pulling his mum into a hug whilst the rest of his family followed suit.

"Well done Luce," Courtney smiled as she came over to me and kissed my cheek before looking down at Ava in my arms. "Oh my god! She's gorgeous."

"I know," I giggled, moving the pink blanket out of her face a little bit. "You wanna hold her?"

"Can I?"

"Sure, she's your niece." I smiled as I carefully passed her over to Courtney.

"God, Ast how did you make these two? They're so cute!" Courtney said seriously, making us all laugh.

"They're all Luce," He chuckled as he passed Sophia over to Siobhan. "So, what do you think?"

"They're perfect." She sniffed as Sophia stretched her arms out.

"Aren't they just?" Aston asked, letting Sophia wrap her hand around his finger.

Conor and Orjan both took turns in holding the girls, as did Courtney and Siobhan. The girls weren't put down for the entire time they were here, they just couldn't get enough of them. But somehow Ava had made her way back into Astons arms whilst he stood and chatted to his mum, the rest of his family sitting around my bed with Courtney cradling Sophia.

"Babe I'm just taking mum to the canteen, I'll be back soon. Plus a walk might settle this one down." Aston told me before leaving the room with his mum, taking Ava with him.

Astons P.O.V.

"The canteen's just-"

"I don't care about the canteen." Mum interrupted as she stopped us down the hall.

Midway through a conversation with her back in the hospital room she asked if I could show her where the canteen was because she wanted a drink. I was going to leave Ava in the room with Luce but she was getting a bit restless so I thought I'd take her with me to try and calm her down.

"But you-"

"What the hell was that message you left me? About not knowing if you could be a dad?"

"Mum it's nothing, seriously." I sighed, lifting Ava up slightly.

"This concerns my grandchildren, my first grandchildren, so you'd better tell me right now because I swear if you're even thinking about walking out on them-"

"Relax I'm not walking out on them."

"Then what's going on?" Mum sighed as she crossed her arms.

"Once the girls were born and we'd had a couple of hours with them I had hold of Sophia and she started crying. I couldn't figure out why and I freaked out. I couldn't figure out why my own daughter was crying."

"Ast that's normal," Mum tutted. "It's your first time being a dad, you didn't know what to expect."

"I know that now. Plus Luce made me realise that I was being stupid and I'm gonna be just fine." I smiled as I looked down at Ava who was snoozing away gently in my arms.

"You're gonna be more than fine, you're gonna be fantastic." Mum smiled before kissing my cheek.

"You think?" I grinned, looking back down at Ava.

"Without a doubt. I can just tell by the smile on your face."

"They're just too perfect," I smiled, stroking Ava's cheek gently with my forefinger. "I can't believe they're mine."

"They're definitely yours, look at her nose." Mum laughed.

"They've got Luce's eyes though, a hundred percent."

"You really love her, don't you?" Mum asked as she rubbed my arm.

"Which one? There's three." I chuckled, tearing my eyes away from Ava.

"Lucy."

"Mum I'm married to her, course I love her." I tutted as she rolled her eyes.

"No I know, I've just never seen you this in love before." She smiled as Ava let out a little yawn.

"My wife just gave birth to my children, I couldn't be more in love with her than what I am right now." I grinned as I looked back down at my daughter yet again; the absolute double of Luce.