Part One Hundred and Sixty

"You've got to give us some good news," Aston sighed as the midwife finished up her routine check. "It's been almost twenty hours."

"Well it looks like you're about ready, ten centimetres." The midwife smiled as my head shot up.

"What?"

"You're about to be a mum. I'll send someone in to take you down to delivery." She told us before leaving the room.

"N-Now?" I asked Aston as he gently rubbed his thumb over my hand.

"Yeah, we finally get to meet them." He grinned, resting his hand on my stomach.

"Okay." I breathed as a few doctors came in to escort us down to delivery.

Once they'd took us to the delivery suite they gave Aston some scrubs to go and change into. He soon came back all raring to go whilst we waited.

"Ast I'm scared." I whimpered as I lay on the bed, all kitted out as the nurses prepared themselves.

"Don't be, I'm right here yeah?" Aston said as he forced out a smile with panic spread across his face.

"I don't wanna do it anymore." I panicked, pushing myself up.

"Baby you don't have a choice." He soothed, rubbing the top of my hand with his thumb.

"But it's two, two. That's twice the pain!" I breathed before the midwife told me that when my next contraction hits I have to start pushing.

"You heard what the nurse said, the second one's the easiest, you'll hardly feel it."

"Then you do it," I hissed as my contractions started again. "Oh fuck! Asttt!"

The first baby took the longest to arrive. Fifteen minutes. As if twenty hours of labour wasn't enough! But I couldn't fault Aston one bit. He kept a tight grip on my hand while he encouraged me, dabbing the ice cold flannel on my forehead when he thought I was getting too warm. But I eventually pushed through the last contraction and our first baby was finally here.

"Congratulations, it's a girl," The midwife smiled as she passed our baby over to another nurse to clean her up. "You can relax for two minutes before the next one comes along."

"A girl." I managed to giggle through getting my breath back.

"We have a daughter," Aston eventually spoke as I tried to squeeze his hand. "A beautiful little girl."

"You wanna hold her?" I asked him as he turned to look down at me.

"Nah, I want us to hold them together, wait until they're both here," He smiled before leaning down and kissing me. "I'm so proud of you."

"Ah, fuck off it's not two minutes!" I said through gritted teeth as my next contraction started and I had to start pushing again.

The last baby might've only took three minutes to get here but they hurt the most. 'The second baby doesn't hurt', my arse, they hurt more than the first. But when it was all finally over, we had two gorgeous baby girls. I was a mum again and we were a family, like a proper family.