Part One Hundred and Seventy Seven

After Christmas and New Year were both over mine and Astons jobs got insanely busy. Aston was in the studio most of the time making up for all the months he's been off work because of the twins being born and everything and I had a Spring collection that needed to be finished by the end of February. We took up Siobhan's offer to have the girls every Saturday night, sometimes we'd go out for a meal or other times we'd just stay at home and order a takeaway or something. But depending on how busy we were through the week, sometimes we'd want to keep the girls with us on a Saturday to actually spend the whole weekend with them.

It's Astons birthday today, the twins have their first birthday next week, and once he was asleep last night I made a start on his surprise for the morning, I just hope he likes it.

"Mm, hey." Aston mumbled as he slowly woke up, twisting around in bed to face me before pressing gentle kisses on my collarbone.

"Hi," I smiled, resting my hand just behind his ear. "Happy birthday."

"Thanks baby," He smiled before kissing me softly. "What time is it?"

"Erm, 8 o'clock." I told him as he rested his hands on my waist under the sheets.

"I think that's the latest they've ever slept," Aston said as he rested his forehead on mine. "Hey, this is my first birthday with the girls."

"Oh yeah, it's my second this year." I giggled as he rolled his eyes.

"Do you think we've got enough time?" He asked, looking at me suggestively.

"We can always try." I shrugged as Aston smiled before pressing his lips against mine again and tightened his grip on my waist.

"No no no." Aston moaned as the sound of a babbling Sophia saying 'Da' over the baby monitor.

"Sorry babe," I sighed, resting my hand on his chest as he leant his forehead on mine again. "You gonna go check on them?"

"Yeah I'll go." Aston sighed, kissing me quickly before throwing the sheet back and swinging his legs off the side of the bed.

"We can always try again tonight?" I suggested as he slipped his joggers on.

"Yeah I guess."

"Da!" Sophia babbled again as the sound of smacking on the cot could be heard.

"Hey," I said, grabbing his hand. "I love you."

"I love you too." Aston smiled before kneeling on the bed to kiss me, getting up not long after to go and tend to the girls.

Astons P.O.V.

I was a little bit gutted that me and Luce were interrupted this morning but at the same time I was really excited because it's my first birthday with my girls.

I left Luce in our bedroom to go and see to the girls, only to be massively surprised by what I walked into. There were 'Happy Birthday' banners on the walls of the room along with blue balloons, a pile of presents in the corner of the room and the cutest thing of all, Soph's babygrow had 'happy birthday daddy' written across it and Ava's said 'we love you'.

"Da." Soph babbled as she held her arms out.

"How cute are you two?" I chuckled as I lifted her out of her cot, Ava was still sprawled out asleep.

"Happy Birthday." I spun around and saw Luce stood in the twins' doorway.

"This is amazing." I smiled as Luce came and stood with us.

"You like it?" She asked, kissing Soph's head gently.

"I love it, their outfits are so cute."

"Well they can't speak yet so I thought it'd be nice." Luce smiled as I smiled back at her.

"I love it, thank you." I smiled before leaning forwards and capturing Luce's lips with my own in a sweet kiss.

"Dada!"

"Sorry what?" I asked as I pulled away and looked down at Soph. "Did she just say my name?"

"I think she did." Luce giggled, running her hand up and down Soph's back.

"You said my name!" I grinned, holding Soph closer to my chest as I cuddled her tight. "Now Daddy owes Mummy nothing."

"We've still got who walks first yet, don't hold your breath." She laughed as Ava kicked her legs about in her cot.

"I don't owe you fifty quid so it's fine." I chuckled as Luce lifted Ava out of her cot.

"Ooh, someone wants Daddy this morning." Luce giggled as Ava tried to get out her grip, stretching her arms out for me.

"She knows it's my birthday, I'll sit them both down on the floor while I open my presents." I said as I sat myself down on the floor and sat Soph in between my legs, Luce sitting Ava down next to Soph.

I ended up opening none of my presents as the girls wanted to do it, for the wrapping paper obviously. But it was more entertaining watching the pair of them attempt to open my presents.

"Hands down best birthday ever." I grinned, watching my daughters mess around.