Part One Hundred and Fifty Seven

It's been another month now and my maternity leave started last week so I've been pretty bored out of my mind ever since. I've done all the housework I could think of, I even did the gardening for once, which Aston shouted at me for. He's been pretty busy at work lately too, he's been working hard in the studio so that he has time off for when the babies come in two months time.

Our furniture for the nursery's coming today so Aston practically forced me to go and visit my sister or something for a few hours while he sorts it all out. I didn't have any say in the nursery at all, Aston had picked out all the furniture and he was going to set out where everything was going to go. He wasn't going to build the furniture don't be daft, he'd brake it before he took it out of the box. He hired some guys to do it for him before he moved them all around.

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay?" I asked Aston as I came downstairs.

"No, I want it to be a surprise." He moaned, passing me my bag and coat.

"Just please make sure it's not ugly furniture."

"It's not gonna be ugly," He laughed as I flicked my hair out of my jacket. "Now go and I'll call you when it's finished."

"Alright I'm going. But don't scratch the walls with the furniture or I'll kill you." I joked as he rolled his eyes.

"I'll make sure of it, see you later," He smiled before pecking my lips. "Bye babies." He added before kissing my bump and giving it a little rub as he stood up straight.

Aston watched me out the door and pull off the driving, waving me off before closing the door as I headed for Rachel's house. I was super excited to see the nursery but I was also kind of nervous. I trust Aston completely, of course, but he's not the best when it comes to decorating.

Astons P.O.V.

I took a chance with the nursery, I didn't think Luce would actually leave me in charge of it. Then I got nervous, I didn't want Luce to hate it, or me for that matter, so when I went shopping for all the baby furniture I hired an interior designer to help me out and I think it went well because the furniture looked great.

The delivery came at about one o'clock and the movers took them all up to the nursery, I helped to carry them obviously, but I asked them if they could set it all up because I knew I'd do something wrong. They agreed for a small price but I didn't care, I wanted this nursery to be perfect for Luce and the babies. And I have to say, it looked pretty damn good and I was quite proud of myself.

I called Luce at half past three when I'd sorted everything out and it was exactly how I wanted it. It took her about twenty minutes to get home, calling me from downstairs once she arrived.

"Is it all sorted?" Luce asked as she hung up her bag and coat.

"Yup, all done." I grinned, meeting her at the bottom of the stairs.

"Can I see it?"

"Sure, lets go preggers." I chuckled, taking her hand and carefully leading her upstairs.

"I'm vetoing the nickname." She giggled as we eventually reached the landing, with her being pregnant with twins she was near enough twice the size of your average pregnant woman so it took her longer to walk places and whatnot.

"Why? Would you prefer fatty?" I asked, standing in front of the nursery door.

"Remember the last time you called me that?" She asked, crossing her arms over the bump.

"Yeah, man pregnant women are feisty," I whistled before Luce smacked me on the arm. "Point proven."

"Can I just see the nursery now?"

"Yeah, go ahead." I smiled, pushing the door open and letting Luce walk in first.

"Oh wow," She gasped, running her hand over the edge of one of the cots. "Ast it's beautiful."

I'd left the walls painted white and had all of the furniture in white too so it all matched. The wardrobes and the drawers were around the edges of the room and the cots were in the middle, with the window behind them, the changing tables in the corner of the room. Each cot had a mobile hanging above them and there were star stickers on the walls. It was pretty simple but come on, they're babies they won't know.

"So you like it?" I asked as Luce opened the wardrobes to look inside them.

"I love it, it's so perfect. You did all of this yourself?" She asked as I leaned on one of the cots.

"I arranged everything yeah."

"Ast I love it, it's amazing," She grinned as she stood next to me and my hand was instantly drawn to the bump. "It's starting to feel real now."

"I know," I replied before kissing the top of her head. "I think I'm more excited now."

"It's weird thinking they'll be in these soon."

"And all the clothes they've got." I laughed as Luce ran her hand down my arm and rested her head on my shoulder.

"Thanks for doing all this." She said quietly as I kissed her head again.

"No problem baby, woah!" I said, feeling one of the babies kick hard. "Doesn't that hurt?"

"After seven months I think I'm used to it," Luce giggled as she ran her free hand over her stomach. "I actually think I'll miss it once they're born."

"I think you'll want to be swapping it with the 3am feeds." I chuckled, feeling the babies move.

"I won't because you'll be doing those."

"Hey-"

"I've had to suffer through a double pregnancy, you can suffer the night feeds." Luce told me before leaving the nursery, telling me that it's the end of that conversation.