|Chapter 87.| The World Of The Dead Pt.3.|

———————
|Chapter 87.| The World Of The Dead Pt.3.|
———————

Isabella, Donna, Tim and Bruce all pile into the Rolls Royce to take the trip to the mysterious bridge that Bruce has heard about

Isabella finds herself staring out of the window, plagued with thoughts of the goddess Artemis, the vision in which she was entranced in while in the Twilight Owl. A goddess in purple and black armour, with the spirit of the wolf encircling her.

The only landmarks that Donna can make out are the trees that they're passing, and she has her doubts that Bruce knows what direction he's driving. "Do you know where we're going?" Donna asks Bruce suspiciously, because it looks a lot like they're lost.

"My contact said to look for an upside down tree" Bruce announces to the car. And they all quickly lose faith in the plan to return to earth.

"An upside down tree?" Isabella asks her father, hoping she'd misheard him.

"What does that even mean?" Donna asks, equally as confused.

"How far is it?" Tim asks eagerly, only caring about returning to Gotham, and not caring how they got there.

Bruce shrugs carelessly. "It could be a mile. It could be ten thousand miles" Bruce offers casually, his line of sight trained on the horizon for any sign of an upside down tree.

Tim sits forwards between the gap in the driver and passenger seats. "Maybe you should pass those batarangs out, just in case?" Tim suggests to Bruce. Tim wants a way to defend himself, the rest of the team are superheroes.

"I do not have them" Bruce says calmly.

"We're out here defenceless and you don't have the only weapons we know exist in this world?" Isabella challenges her father. It would be just like Bruce to have left them behind, just to prove a point that they didn't need weapons.

"I have told you on many occasions, one does not need a weapon to inflict damage, Isabella" Bruce says with an unnatural level of calm. "I do not have the batarangs" Bruce repeats for clarity.

"Why not?" Donna feels like it's a stupid question, but the answer is important.

"I never did" Bruce replies ominously. "The laws of the physical and metaphysical are altered in this world. All you need do is picture something you desperately require, and it will appear" Bruce educates the group.

Donna and Tim burst into laughter, thinking that it's some sort of joke. Isabella rolls her eyes and diverts her attention to looking out of the window once more.