|Chapter 6.| Lies Told.|

———————
|Chapter 6.| Lies Told.|
———————

Ellie sat on her own in her bedroom, staring at the board she and Dick had gathered with the evidence on the Batman

Ellie sat on her own in her bedroom, staring at the board she and Dick had gathered with the evidence on the Batman. Ellie had the answer when she was ten years old, and she pushed the idea of Bruce being Batman out of her head. Well she was right all the long and she felt rotten about it.

All this time she had blamed Bruce for not being there for her, and now it turns out it was because he was out saving the city every night. He kept Ellie at arms length to keep her away from the danger involved with being Batman.

And Ellie couldn't understand how Barbara could just let her talk trash about Bruce when she knew why he was distant. How Dick and Alfred could just stand by.

All of her friends had been lying to her. She thought as Barbara as her sister. Dick as something closer she hadn't figured out. It was easy to understand why Dick lied, Bruce had given him a home after his parents died.

But she was angrier with Alfred and Barbara.

Ellie pulled her knees to her chest. Never in her wildest imagination would she have thought that Dick was Robin and Barbara was Batgirl.

Ellie felt sick even thinking about talking to Barbara and Dick again. And even Luke knew, and he was new to the family.

Ellie studied over the pictures of Batman taking down various villains in Gotham. All of the training that Bruce had given her was how to become something like Batman, so that Ellie could take care of herself in any circumstance.

All of the rigorous combat and tactical training. All of the stealth training. Every lesson that Bruce ever taught her was a lesson he learned to become Batman.

A knock came from her window, making Ellie jump since she was so deep in thought.

Ellie looked over to see Dick perched on the tree outside her window, waiting for her to open the window and let him in like she always used to.

This was the last thing that Ellie needed right now. She was still trying to process everything that she had learned today, and having to deal with the issues between herself and Dick Grayson didn't need to be kindling for that fire.

Ellie sighed but still went and opened the window against her better judgement.

Dick smirked as he watched her open the window. "Cute pyjamas" Dick commented, looking at the pyjama shorts and matching shirt with the elephant pattern on them.