|Chapter 29.| Gotham Actually [Constance, Barbara and Dick].|

———————
|Chapter 29.| Gotham Actually.|
———————

Constance's Christmas Eve

The party lasted a few hours and involved the exchanging of gifts and dancing amongst loved ones.

"I'm beat" Luke yawned.

"Yeah, let's head out" Barbara smiled at Luke.

Everyone had plans they needed to get to.

Constance wished the kids, Jim and Alfred goodbye as they left to tend to their own Christmas plans.

After an hour of cleaning the house Constance pulled Ellie to one side away from the rest of the family.

"Listen if this is about the dint in the car I swear it was from legitimate bad guy fighting" Ellie swore to her mother, feeling she was going to get shouted at.

"No it's not-" Constance dismissed. "-wait? What dint in the car?" Constance questioned her youngest daughter.

Ellie shrugged. "Forget I mentioned it" Ellie smiled innocently. A feature she had seemed to pick up from Dick Grayson.

"Never mind" that wasn't the reason Constance had taken Ellie to the side. "I just wanted to talk to you alone for a minute. It's been a tough year this year" Constance knew about the assault from Nathan Prescott now.

"I don't even think about it that much anymore. That's my old life. I keep myself busy most of the time chasing criminals these days" Ellie reminded her mother.

Constance smiled. "I got the crime stats for the quarter today. You've made a bigger dint in crime than Bruce did in his first year" Constance smiled at Ellie.

Ellie smiled for a moment.

"I'm so proud of who you've become this year" Constance tells Ellie. A teenager volunteering to save the city every week was something to be commended. "A superhero. A successful business owner. As much as I clash with Dick, I'm proud of how maturely you've handled your relationship. You've become a young woman almost overnight" Constance remembered Ellie younger with fondness, but adult Ellie was strong and successful.

"Mom. Stop" Ellie smiled. The two quickly hugged. "I had better get upstairs" Ellie told her mom before she left.

Constance thought it funny sometimes that both Ellie and Dick didn't think she knew that Dick snuck up most nights. Constance trusted Ellie to make her own decisions.